Senior Mechanical Engineer
Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, SensorLink Corporation has engineered and manufactured live-line meters and recorders for high voltage applications for more than 25years. Our team is dedicated to design, manufacture and sell high quality, easy to use high voltage instruments. We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team!
Leads engineering activities including product design, validation, verification, and release to manufacturing. Provides key input for strategic decisions to team members, management, and ownership. Utilizes rapid prototyping tools, 3d printers and laser cutters, to accelerate project development. Confronts and solves issues to enhance product development, production efficiency and overall product quality.
- Mechanical design and development of new products and existing product improvements in a cross-discipline team environment
- Conceptualizing design solutions of complex systems with performance to specification
- Collaborates with company leaders, marketing, and production to determine features, specifications, feasibility, and cost-effectiveness of new designs or improvements to existing products
- Presents and explains proposals, reports, and findings to company leadership
- Solving problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, materials, or concepts. with rapid prototyping techniques including 3d printers and laser cutters
- Completing engineering projects by organizing and controlling project documentation
- Collaborating with the operations manager and manufacturing engineering to implement continuous improvements and corrective actions to product designs, production processes, and equipment
- Maintaining a working knowledge of new technologies and offers recommendations accordingly
- Remaining up to date on safety policies and regulations to ensure duties are performed in a safe manner
- Documenting “Lessons Learned” to add to engineering body of knowledge and apply to the effort of continuous improvement
- Implementing SensorLink’s Product Development process to keep projects on schedule while ensuring project and business goals are met
- Expertise in SolidWorks
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- Ability to convey concepts to team members and ownership
- Experience working with voltages above 1kV
- Experience designing molded plastics
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume.
SensorLink Corporation provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location