The Process Quality Engineer’s (PQE) main responsibilities include development, implementation and monitoring of quality controls on production processes. Duties include implementation, monitoring of metrics and effective process controls & verification in place using SPC, GR&R, process audits, internal quality system auditing, corrective and preventative actions, training and certification of employees and facilitate site quality improvement teams. This position is a key contributor to the development, implementation, and ongoing integration and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) at Pentagon Technologies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes but is not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Safety first -
o Adhere to highest safety standards and lead by example for rest of the team. Perform job safety hazard analysis and develop personal safety plan.
· Design and build quality in -
o Work with development and process engineering teams to detect and prevent quality risks using FMEAs, develop process control plans and evolve robust inspection and test methodologies which are cost effective and repeatable for chemical treatment, thermal coating and cleaning operations.
o Determines quality improvement parameters by assisting in identifying statistical methods relevant to the processes. Collect data and generate SPC charts using JMP.
o Prepare and present SPC reports to customers and other stakeholders.
o Determine quality requirements and develop product quality plans to comply with customer requirements and Pentagon’s standards.
o Implement data collection, tools, equipment, and methods to deliver high quality products and services consistently.
o Perform First Article and source inspections with customer reps and address quality concerns proactively.
· Production audits -
o Monitors housekeeping performed by production personnel and use of housekeeping logs.
o Perform POR audits on agreed upon frequencies with customers and internal policies.
o Monitors periodic surface roughness, particle count, fiber inspection, chemical analysis, documentation sign-off, etc. as defined in various procedures to ensure compliance.
o Coordinates and participates, as directed, in active improvements to the training program in relation to identified internal and external customer needs. Provides Training, and required re-training status reports to management. Gathers feedback to evaluate the effectiveness of current training programs and assists for development of new training programs and aids.
· Administration of daily/weekly/monthly quality reporting and activities -
o Implement real time SPC and offline process monitoring system. Investigate scope of process excursions and close loop with stakeholders with OCAP report.
o Assures timely communication of quality issues and nonconformance trends through statistical and narrative quality reports.
o Assess critical gages and perform GR&R studies on established intervals.
o Prepares calibration recall reports and verifies calibration is performed per requirements.
o Prepares weekly and monthly reports and special reports as required and maintains site quality reporting and communications to aid in quality awareness.
· Nonconformance management and drive continual improvement -
o Ensures control and proper disposition of nonconforming materials and supplies.
o Reviews reject / DMR data and prepares trend charts and histograms for use in discussing defect reduction approaches and reduce rework and other process flow inefficiencies.
o Perform failure and root cause analysis, document and monitor closure of corrective actions to address process excursions, escapes, customer complaints, and claims.
o Facilitate corrective action process with the purpose of reducing defect occurrences or reversing negative trends in defects observed.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Math or engineering field with 1 to 2 years’ experience comprised of process engineering, statistical process controls, computer based analytics and quality management. Cleanroom experience a plus.
Certifications / Licenses / Registrations:
ASQ Certification, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing certification a plus
SPC Training required
Knowledge / Abilities / Skills:
· Knowledge of and practical application of Quality Engineering principles and Quality tools and methods, including, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plans, Problem Solving Methodologies like Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & 8D/CAPA, Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility Study (GR&R)
· Knowledge and application of Metrology Techniques including, mechanical measurements systems, measurement techniques and process capability studies.
· Ability to design appropriate inspection methods to ensure product manufacturability is feasible.
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to lead cross-functional teams.
· Skilled in SPC (Statistical Process Control) and Process Capability using JMP or similar software
· Detail-oriented with developed organizational and time management skills
· Must possess the abilities to multitask and work well under pressure.
· Must possess strong reading, communication, and comprehension abilities. Must be able to read, comprehend, and generate internal documents such as work order travelers, SOPs, inventory records, state and local regulations, and maintain internal logs and general company records in a clear concise manner. Brainstorming and bringing new ideas to the table are an essential part of the job.
· Skilled in analytical and advanced mathematics
· Work with common software like MS-Office, Visio, FileMaker pro etc. and highly proficient in excel.
Employee will be trained in, and is to follow and lead by example, all general safety requirements of Pentagon Technologies as well as specific safety regulatory requirements
Must be able to function well in an office environment. Must also be able to work in a controlled chemical and wastewater environment. Must also be able to perform in a laboratory environment. Persons who are sensitive to chemical environments with such medical conditions as asthma, allergies, or extreme sensitivity to chemicals may not be considered as good candidates for this position. Must have the ability to travel to the various Pentagon Technologies Facilities within the continental US as required. Must be able to travel to Vendor and Customer facilities within the continental US as required.
Must pass Company required screening tests. The employee is regularly required to sit and stand, reach with hands and arms and perform light routine office work, which includes computer workstation usage.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Process/Quality Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift