Yarmouth based engineering design firm seeks an entry level mechanical engineer to work on a variety of large scale national projects.
Ability to work in a fast past, deadline driven environment is crucial. Superior communication skills and adaptability are necessary.
- 0-2 years experience
- BSME or BSMET required
- FE/EIT exam passed
- Position is based in Yarmouth, Maine and may require 5-10% travel
- Possess strong communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to read prints, interpret technical illustration, and apply engineering design to buildings and infrastructure
- Organized and detail oriented
- Preparation of mechanical engineering plans, construction documents, and coordination of drawings with other technical disciplines
- Design of HVAC equipment and systems, piping systems, fuel trains, plumbing and electrical systems
- Boiler design and machine design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience with Trace 700 and DOE 2
- Experience with the specification and evaluation of diverse range of mechanical equipment, including pumps, compressors, tanks, turbines, water treatment systems, etc.
- Experience with creating process flow diagrams and P&ID's for industrial processes
- Design and construction of power plants or industrial utility systems and process piping systems, including: boilers, steam and gas turbines, compressed air, high pressure pumps, chillers, cooling towers, pipe stress analysis, and field engineering
- Familiarity with applicable codes such as ASME. Ability to apply ASHRAE and NFPA standards
Fully paid individual medical, 401k with company match, dental, paid holidays and PTO.
This is an excellent opportunity to launch a career with an award winning and well established local firm with national impact. Successful track record of preparing novice engineers for their PE exam.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Engineer in Training (Required)