Horrocks Engineers, a leader in transportation engineering, seeks a Professional Traffic Engineer for its Henderson, NV location to establish, manage and grow a traffic engineering group. Professional Engineering license in Nevada or ability to obtain a Nevada PE within one year required. The ideal candidate is a collaborative problem solver who produces organized, accurate work. Our team seeks someone with a positive attitude who works well with others, learns quickly and wants to make a difference. We seek those who strive for excellence in their own work.
- Manage and grow a diverse traffic engineering group
- Manage traffic analysis, microsimulation, and forecast modeling.
- Manage the design of signing, striping, and safety improvements for urban streets, rural highways, and interstates.
- Manage the design ITS, traffic signal, and lighting systems.
- Coordinate with reviewers to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Perform work within project deadlines.
- Clearly communicate work through drawings, documents, reports, and verbal exchange.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional License in Nevada or ability to obtain Nevada PE within one year of hire.
- Experience in managing traffic staff
- 10 plus years of traffic/transportation engineering experience.
- Experience with traffic analysis, microsimulation, and forecast modeling software.
- Experience with VISSIM and Citilabs software preferred.
- Experience using Bentley and Autodesk design software.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Design-Build Experience preferred
Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference is given to veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused