SeamonWhiteside is in search of an ambitious and talented professional to serve as a Civil Engineering Project Manager in a fast-paced environment in our growing Charlotte, NC Office.
SW+ is seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager that will focus on the specific area of management of projects, employees, and clients. The Civil Project Manager is responsible and accountable for the overall success of the assigned civil engineering projects. This includes being responsible for the financial performance of the project budget, the project scheduling and meeting deadlines, managing client needs and expectations, coordination with permitting agencies and other important stakeholders, the production of all elements of the civil design and project deliverables, the overall QA/QC process of the civil design plans, specifications, and supporting documentation for the project and responsible for compiling and managing the appropriate resources to deliver the project to the client. Project Manager will be required to attend regulatory meetings as well as engage frequently in business development opportunities to enhance SW+’s presence in the community. This Project Manager will be expected to foster the mentorship of other Civil Project Coordinators and Civil Designers while demonstrating a strong sense of leadership amongst peers both internally and externally.
Since the company’s beginning in 1985, we’ve blended the disciplines of civil engineering and landscape architecture from concept to completion to create places of legacy and inspiration for our clients, community and family. There is a big difference in how engineers and landscape architects visualize a project. At SW+ we approach every plan from both points of view, working together to create a successfully integrated venture. In our world, that’s a good thing.
With the goal of being the best design firm in the region, the SW+ leadership team continues to attract the brightest talent, each with a unique expertise in one of the many facets of land design. SW+ has a diverse portfolio at a variety of scales in both the public and private sector including mixed-use commercial developments, urban and suburban multifamily, healthcare, office, high end resort, and parks and recreation projects.
With over 100+ employees, and offices in Mount Pleasant, Greenville, Summerville, and Spartanburg, SC as well as Charlotte, NC, SW+ inspires employees to stand behind its tagline, of designing innovative spaces that enrich lives and leave a legacy for future generations.
Company culture is at the core of who we are. SW+ offers a mentorship program and other professional growth opportunities. In addition, company sponsored events, such as golf tournaments, sports teams and happy hours, along with philanthropic endeavors provide opportunities throughout the year to lift morale and strengthen bonds between coworkers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university required
Experience: 5+ years work experience in a similar position required
- Engineer in training (EIT) required; South Carolina PE license preferred
- Residential and/or commercial engineering design experience is highly desired
- Advanced AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills required
- Experience in design and coordination of work on multidisciplinary projects ranging from preliminary land development through full permitting for all aspects of civil design
- Utility design and stormwater modeling experience
- Ability to review and comment on final plats, roadways and drainage asbuilts, water and sewer asbuilts
- Ability to coordinate asbuilt comments between surveyor and contractor on any field items
- Knowledge of closeout process and timeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a strong desire for continuous professional and personal development and improvement
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment & to effectively manage time
- Must be proficient in a wide variety of software programs, ICPR, Hydraflow, WaterCad, AutoCAD, Civil 3-D Storm-Sewers, MS Word and MS Excel
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Flexible schedule (Life/Work Balance)
- 100% Company paid dental, STD, LTD, and term life insurance
- Vacation, sick and personal leave
- Medical, short- & long-term disability, employee life, low cost vision, additional voluntary term life, accident, critical illness and cancer insurance
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Plan
Seamon Whiteside is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Engineering: 4 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 4 years (Required)
- Civil 3D: 4 years (Required)
- Engineer in Training (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place