The Field Engineer is in charge of installing, running and maintaining Pensa’s autonomous drone inventory monitoring system in retail stores. You will work as as an integral part of a technical team designing, executing and improving processes and operations for field system deployments. You will be a key Pensa person “on the ground” in the retail environment. You will use your engineering skills to solve technical problems in real time, to be the expert on the real-world field requirements of our system and its performance, while working with and providing feedback to the engineering & product teams to develop better systems longer term. You will use your people and organizational skills engaging with store personnel and external contractors to resolve problems of all types.
This is a high visibility role; your deployments are critical to the success of our Company. You will have frequent engagement with customers, contractors, Pensa engineering, operations and product teams as well as Pensa Management. You will filter and relay pertinent information to our engineering team while operating a cutting-edge fleet of drones. You will help design and implement processes as the organization scales. Field Engineer will solve unexpected situations that might arise during a shift, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results to our customers.
This role will include extended frequent travels to project locations. This position has high potential for growth into a number of career paths (both in the field and in product development) in a rapidly growing successful company.
- Installing, monitoring and maintaining autonomous data capture systems (autonomous drone, recharging stations, IT infrastructure) in retail store locations nationally
- Collecting data and troubleshooting in a variety of real-world situations, while simultaneously providing detailed and accurate feedback to our engineers
- Work as part of a team to plan, execute and maintain system field deployments
- Act as the primary interface between store personnel, contractors and Pensa business teams to resolve operational issues
- Work closely with business team and customers on effective system operations
- Creation and execution of standard operating procedures and maintenance programs
- Work closely with product and engineering teams on system operation and design
- Frequent and extended travel to project locations (including international)
- BS in related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience of field engineering/technical position in customer facing HW/SW, this is not an industrial engineer/technician nor an IT management role
- Experience with robotics/drones and retail environments a strong plus
- Experience in customer facing roles highly desirable
- Resourceful, problem solver, strong analytical and people skills
Please include "Indeed - Field Engineer" in subject line when applying.
About Pensa Systems
Pensa is a leading innovator in autonomous perception systems for retail inventory visibility. Its system uses breakthrough technology – including artificial intelligence, autonomous drones and computer vision – to see and understand what’s happening on store shelves, providing crucial data to minimize stockouts, optimize product planning, informing on ROI for promotions, and boost revenues and profitability. Pensa partners with top retailers and consumer brands globally to address a trillion-dollar “blind spot” at a critical time for the retail industry. Please visit www.pensasystems.comto learn more, and stay connected via Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are a rapidly growing Austin based tech company. We have snacks in the kitchen, beer in the fridge and flexible work hours. Although we work hard and get stuff done, we don’t get too wrapped around protocol or bureaucracy. We appreciate diversity of all stripes and are an equal opportunity employer. We are building really cool things that are disrupting multi-trillion dollar global industries and we’re having fun doing it.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)