Role Description: Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer, full-time, contract, pay rate: $50-$58/hr.
We are seeking a strong Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer to be placed at our client, a high technology giant. This consultant will help design and develop videos, training content and interactive learning. The ideal candidates has expert capabilities in development tools like Articulate (RISE, 360), Camtasia and VYond (or similar software).
Primary Focus Areas:
- Developing and building various forms of content for our audience
- Consulting with stakeholders on most effective learning alternatives
- Work closely with Project Managers and peers across the team
- Collaborate with Subject-Matter-Experts to develop the content
- Developing storyboards, scripting and messaging
- Creative ideation to develop captivating experiences
- Build and/or develop videos, eLearning, graphics and other learning materials
An Instructional Designer | eLearning Developer is responsible for working across teams to identify the most important gaps and leverage various modalities of learning to develop skills for various teams and Partners. Ability to take complex topics, make them simple and memorable so learners can fully understand their roles, or carry the message forward to our Customers and Partners.
The successful candidate for this global role requires an ability to develop content with SMEs, articulate technical and business solutions leading to positive outcomes.
Skills Required Include:
Exceptional communication skills, presentation skills, innovative thinking, the ability to present and explain technical and business topics, including offers and solutions. Ability to connect with a diverse audience, providing expertise in how to communicate solutions to solve business problems. The ability to stay connected with all business partners including the stakeholder teams, business units, Sales organizations, and others to ensure the relevance and ongoing advancement of the programs.
- Excellent Storytelling: Ability to create a compelling and memorable story. Creation of scripts, storyboards. Proven ability to go beyond the surface to get deeper in the content
- Creative Visualization: Strong creative mind to take ideas and build captivating and compelling learning with industry leading tools and capabilities
- Content Development: Part of the role is to create the assets and content as appropriate. This includes creation of the storyboards, scripts and video creation. This includes all forms of learning
- Project Management: Able to coordinate resources across teams, including video capture, audio voice-over recordings and video development using various tools
- Time Management: Ability to work with Project Managers, SMEs and Stakeholders to determine schedules deliver assets for publishing on-time while managing competing priorities
- Additional Duties:
- Independently manage program related projects
- Evangelize program success stories inside/outside the program
Background and Skill Sets:
- Exceptional communicator at all levels
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of Instructional Design, content development, storyboarding, scripting, video creation, eLearning development and other interactive learning environments
- Ability to focus on “business outcomes” and an ability to articulate the business and technical benefits of offers and solutions
- High energy, enthusiastic and engaging with a global audience of learners, with varying levels of experience, from early-in-career through highly experienced
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Must possess exceptional presentation and storytelling skills to bring content to life
- Demonstrated business acumen with global perspectives
Desired Tools and Skills:
- Articulate (RISE, 360)
- Camtasia and
Bachelor’s degree is required or 5+ years of Industry experience. Advanced degree in Learning, Business, Education, Instructional Technology, Organization Development, Training and Development or related field is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $58.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Please paste the link to your portfolio or eLearning samples here.
- Instructional Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Video Creating / Editing: 3 years (Preferred)
- eLearning Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings