Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Senior technical hardware and software support, maintenance and troubleshooting of data center systems and services, WAN/LAN network devices.
- Interacts with MIS management, technical and program staff as well as functional users and 3rd party vendors to manage the day-to-day scheduled and unscheduled computer operations and maintenance activities. Seeks to maintain stable, efficient and effective availability and operations of Bid-Plymouth Health Systems, Inc. data.
- Assists MIS managers and staff with basic technical design, optimization, monitoring, testing, evaluation, integration, installation and implementation of Network, Infrastructure and Application systems and components as directed. Designs network and systems to best meet customer-specific solutions, customizations and requirements, while maintaining company infrastructure standards and policies.
- Experience with supporting VMware Technologies - vCenter, ESX,, vSphere and VDi
- Hands-on experience developing, maintaining policies, rights/security, for Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environments.
- Active Directory – Manage and design the following: Group policies, logon scripts, integration DFS, Server automation and scripting, VBScript, and PowerShell scripting.
- Strong understanding of network security definition and design to include Cisco Router/Switch/Firewall, Citrix, Exchange, EMC SAN, load balancers, SCCM, Data Domain and Networker environments. Also, includes the ability to work closely with and transfer knowledge to other IT team members.
- Actively monitors network and Internet activity and recommends improvements and changes to security measures as needed Produces reports of network performance. Develops and conducts proactive maintenance and change control activities, as approved, designed to ensure optimal operation of the network and systems.
- Understands and complies with all security policies; ensures that security and data protection are top priorities; integrates security into all designs and systems; makes recommendations regarding enhancing network security.
- Ensures all aspects of the network configuration, software licenses, user accounts and equipment are inventoried, tracked and documented and that all documents and diagrams are kept up to date as configurations change – including proper and timely attention to appropriate change control coordination, procedures and notifications.
- Strong analytical abilities. Performs day to day systems administration in conjunction with other Network Engineers and Technical Staff. Responds to customer and co-worker requests and manages priorities and time as directed. Conducts thorough risk analyses of integrating new software and hardware baselines.
- Assures proper backup and recovery policies and procedures are in place; coordinates disaster recovery planning and testing as required and directed.
- Evaluates new technological advances in view of organizational plans and objectives and makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor and other managers. Maintains current awareness of various trends and developments in the Computer Sciences field.
- Demonstrates strong and effective customer service skills, project support, and coordination and communications skills (written and verbal) with IT co-workers, customers and support vendors.
- Presents a professional image at all times and conducts him/herself in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently an in teams with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in network environment. Healthcare environment a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of firewalls and other standard network security equipment and software such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam applications required.
- Strong understanding of IP based networks, routing, NAT, proxies, VPN and security protocols, tools and policies.
- Must have a Basic working knowledge of standard network and internet networking technologies and best practices.
- Strong Knowledge with Windows, 2008R2/2012/2016 environments.
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Outlook/Exchange 2012 and Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 suite required
- Strong knowledge level with HP servers and workstation configurations and support required.
- Strong experience with POP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, HTTP and SSL.
- Expert understanding and experience with Active Directory principals and best practices.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth · Information Systems
Full time, Day shift, 40 hpw; 8-hr shifts; on-call coverage