Provision of strong technical expertise in Veritas NetBackup backup software.
Provision of strong technical expertise in associated integration with different applications as Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
Good understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes. Preferably ITIL trained.
Project Management exposure is a plus
Experience of integration with HP-UX, Linux and Windows platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Deep Technical Support engineer, he/she will take on a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Account Champion – be Single Point of Contact for any technical issues for a certain account
- Knowledge Transition Lead - Ensure project deliverables (documentation, RTPA, etc) are met in conjunction with transition timelines. Work closely with I&T Manager to properly inbound upcoming account
- Problem Management - Perform proactive analysis of incident data in an attempt to identify recurring incidents or emerging trends
- Change Management - Review, prioritize, approve, seek approval and communicate change records that are received via the Change Management Process.
- Incident Management – Ensure quick and quality resolution of incidents that are escalated to Deep Technical Support
- Capacity Management - Ensure proper and accurate performance monitoring, via standard reporting or other sources (as defined in the SLA).
- Release to Build and Test – Implement or adapt service support according defined project. Assist and prepare Acceptance-for-Support session.
- Configuration Management - Keep Configuration Management tool up to date, as directed by TL or account team.
- Certified Internal Trainer - Responsible in conducting process or technical-related trainings to the organization - Responsible in creating/reviewing modules for trainings
- Provide documentation and training for L1/L2 - Follow training plans, requirements and schedules as outlined by the Manager. Create run-books for L1/L2 teams’ use
- Being responsive to clients whilst following the principles and procedures of the quality management system
- Identify, analyze problems and suggest improvements identified in their own area of responsibility and implementing those with a recognized business benefit
Required skills and competency:
- Senior Backup administrator with at least 4 years' experience in Backup within IT Operations, infrastructure services support, operations monitoring and end user support.
- Strong technical expertise and deep experience in Veritas NetBackup configuration, deployment and troubleshooting. Backup of Databases and Applications integration are included.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Expertise in scripting including .sh, .pl or .bat
- Expertise in BackupMon monitoring administration.
Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Flexible, working in shifts, performing standby activities on operational basis
- Previous experience working in a global team.
- Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills and documentation.
- Team player.
- Participate in technical meeting and take the appropriate initiatives.
- Service oriented behavior and communication to internal and external contacts
- Fluent in English
- Coaching skills and ability to work with lower levels of support
- Capacity to share experience via Technical presentation to the delivery teams
- Ability to work with teams on other regions/locations.
- Must be a Service and Customer oriented team player. Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an International and culturally diverse organization.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Good motivational skills plus verbal and written communication skills, strong command of English Language. Must be additionally fluent in at least one of the common languages of the supported customer (depending on region). Fluent in local languages is an advantage.
- Negotiation, Team Leadership Skills: Must be able to demonstrate guidance, control & direction.
- Advanced knowledge on ITIL processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management, and Escalation Management. Should be able to drive and influence other resources to follow standard processes.
- Able to start and complete simple to complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge management skills used to document and drive efficiencies and standardization.
- Expert level skills for the technologies mentioned in the profile. Able to execute tasks even without documentations/guidelines.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Studies
We offer minimum of 2000 Eur/month or higher based on your skills and experience.