Critical Process Systems Group (CPS) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
This position is with our company Fab-Tech, which manufactures PermaShield Pipe (PSP®), a revolutionary hybrid fluoropolymer coated stainless steel duct system recognized worldwide as the premier solution for corrosive and hazardous fume exhaust needs. PermaShield Pipe is a fully engineered, modular fume exhaust system that combines the reliability of stainless steel with the superior corrosion resistance of Fab-Tech's proprietary PermaShield Fluoropolymer Barrier Coating. PSP carries a highly regarded FM4922 approval as well.
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
Working under the direction of the Director Engineering, this position will play a key role in the development of new products for new and existing markets, plus improvements to our existing product lines. This position will also assist in developing manufacturing processes and equipment to produce our fume exhaust products efficiently and safely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Design Engineering -
- Design and evaluation of airflow and control devices.
- Design of custom devices and equipment used in the manufacture of Fab-Tech products.
- Design of customer specified devices as required.
- Testing/Evaluation -
- Establish test protocol for new product development.
- Perform independent studies, analyses, interpretations and develop conclusions.
- Hands on assembly of custom devices as required.
- Assist in the development, training, planning, and implementation of new products / processes.
- Applications -
- Effectively apply organizational systems, and company policies and procedures.
- In consultation with others, determine requirements of process techniques and improvements to our manufacturing system. Communicate these plans clearly to management.
- Anticipate problems before they occur and build rapport with all manufacturing staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify discrepancies, and suggest sound solutions to enhance or repair mechanical system.
- Miscellaneous -
- Interface with vendors as a professional representative of the company.
Assist with basic business finance in the areas of capital expenditures and product cost.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in drafting and design. Solid grasp of drafting, documentation, and associated standards.
- 5 years of experience with Solidworks and Solidworks PDM. Competence in solid modeling and assemblies required.
- Experience with Solidworks Simulation and the ability to setup and evaluate mechanical products for Finite Element Analysis.
- 3 years experience with Autodesk Revit in a construction modeling environment. This position will support our BIM family content and add-in software.
- Experience with basic power and control circuit components and design practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes related to sheet metal and machining.
- Demonstrated hands on mechanical ability.
- Must excel in a team environment demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to quickly adjust to shifts in priorities.
- Strong personal computer skills with general business software including MS Office.
Education BS in Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply mathematical skills, interpret and analyze data and trends.
- Ability to analyze trend data and apply logic reasoning in developing sound conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to extract key information in generation of a decision analysis.
- Ability to apply trouble-shooting skills in a variety of production related settings.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun:
Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!