5SRC is a Woman-Owned, Native American, Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama. 5SRC personnel offer a broad spectrum of Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS) in Engineering, Information Management, and Logistics/Programmatics for the Army, Air Force, Navy and other Federal Agencies.
Position: Models Based Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: L-190731-02-WIL-326
Location: Huntsville, AL
Five Stones Research Corporation is seeking candidates for Models Based System Engineers (MBSE) to provide technical advisory and assistance to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and Army System customers. These positions will be located in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will be responsible for the essential functions listed below and must display the competencies as described in order to complete those essential functions.
Models Based System Engineer supports systems engineering activities throughout system life cycle, especially requirements analysis and definition, functional allocation and decomposition, and traceability. May be required to support development of concept documents. May be required to make brief technical presentations. Personnel may be required to travel or to work extended hours.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ideal candidate is familiar with use of Model Based Systems Engineering concepts to support requirements analysis and definition, and allocation, decomposition and traceability
- Experience using a modeling tool such as IBM Rational Rhapsody, Systems Enterprise Architect, Magic Draw
- Experience using DOORS is a plus
- Experience using IBM Rational Rhapsody Harmony Process is a plus
- Familiarity with DoDAF and UPDM is a plus
- Experience federating architectures is a plus
- Experience developing requirements using Easy Approach to Requirements Syntax (EARS) paradigm is a plus
- Experience using MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must have the ability to see, hear and speak. The employee must also have the ability to lift objects up to 20 pounds, sit for extended hours and operate a keyboard.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, requiring a 40-hour work week, Monday-Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related or relevant experience
- Desired 2-12 years of related experience
- Ability to accurately process multiple assignments with aggressive timelines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to professionally communicate in both verbal and written forms
- Professional user of MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Honesty, superior ethics, initiative, positive attitude, professionalism
- Ability to work alone and with a team
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- DoD Secret Security Clearance, or the ability to obtain on is a requirement of this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Five Stones Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities:
Five Stones Research Corporation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to apply for employment with 5SRC and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Secret Security Clearance: I am currently acquiring this license/certification and it will be complete in the next 30 days (Required)