WestRock Company (NYSE:
WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This role provides support by recommending and implementing modifications to the process to optimize production, improve quality, and reduce cost. The Process Engineer also provides engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, system optimization, and trouble-shooting mill systems.
How you will impact WestRock:
Provide technical support on operating parameters and process optimization
What you need to succeed:
- Continually explores process changes to maximize throughput, improve product quality and/or reduce operating costs
- Analyze problems within existing systems utilizing analytical abilities and implementing recommendations for improvement
- Assist production with troubleshooting quality and operational problems.
- Monitors pertinent quality and operating data
- Lead all process engineering aspects of capital projects, from front-end conceptual design through successful operation, including start-up, operations training, and post start-up optimization working in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
- Responsible to be an active member in Lean Six Sigma projects. This includes holding multiple roles within projects
- Optimization of all processes including water systems, chemical additives, and other paper mill processes including chemical, mechanical, plant layout, and all other opportunities for efficiency improvement
- Responsible for executing projects in a safe manner and observing all pertinent laws, codes and policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Computer working knowledge such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
What we offer:
- Safety – Exhibits strong competencies in Safety Mindset and has a thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to Execute – Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities.
- Champion of & Adaptor to Change – Drives for continuous improvement while managing expectations and results. Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and accelerates the change within themselves, their work group, or the organization; challenges the status quo and creatively identifies opportunities for improvement. Demonstrates a constant commitment to do things better.
- Customer Focused – Understands and works to meet customer requirements. Listens to and responds to customer’s needs; builds relationships with and gains trust of customer by always meeting commitments.
- Decision Making/Judgment – Recognizes problems and responds by systematically gathering information and weighing options. Able to sort through complex issues, seeks input from others and addresses root cause of issues. Makes timely and accurate decisions. Uses consensus when possible and clearly communicates decisions to others.
- Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action. Seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, and demonstrates a bias for action without being prompted.
- Problem Solving/Analysis – Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues. Can simplify and process complex issues and information, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts, can analyze data/information and draw accurate conclusions.
- Influence & Persuasion – Able to exhibit a ‘can-do’ approach and inspire associates to excel, uses competition to encourage others, develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes. Develops a team spirit and uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions. Presents new ideas to authority figures and adapts presentations to suit a particular audience. Responds to objections successfully.
- Quality – Attentive to detail and accuracy; is committed to excellence. Continuously looks for improvements, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Integrity – Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment. Prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers, give proper credit to others and handles all situations honestly.
- Communication – Able to clearly present information through spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talks with employees, customers, and supplies, and has strong listening skills.
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.