You’re a collaborative and practical thinking engineer with experience in civil, geotechnical, or materials engineering field. You have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting directly with clients and colleagues to meet the objectives of each construction project. In this role, you will be exposed to hands-on mentoring and professional development opportunities.
We are looking for collaborative, customer-focused, talented professions to join our team and help us to deliver superior services to our clients!
We are currently expanding with a steady clientele base with projects in BC, Alberta and Manitoba.
Terran Geotechnical Consultants Ltd is an engineering firm that provides consulting services for residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal infrastructure projects primarily in the Lower Mainland and British Columbia. The company is founded on the principle of providing quality geotechnical engineering consultation, designs, and inspection field services for many aspects of construction projects.
Your essential primary duties and responsibilities are:
- Geotechnical engineering on a wide variety of projects including residential, commercial, industrial, infrastructure and others
- Construction monitoring and testing on projects including, excavations, subgrade for shallow foundation and deep foundations, shoring and embankment performance monitoring, etc
- Geotechnical investigations and logging including excavation test pits and drilling boreholes
- Installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation such as slope inclinometers, standpipespneumatic and vibrating wire piezometers, settlement plates, etc.
- Preparation of field reports, and assisting with the preparation of geotechnical reports and proposals
- Data reduction, analysis, and design including slope stability, seepage and settlement modelling etc.
- Maintain and develop client relations
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
Your skills and qualifications would include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering; a post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
- Minimum of 6 months of geotechnical and/or materials testing field experience which can include previous summer or co-op employment terms in geotechnical/materials engineering, engineering consulting, geological fieldwork or earthworks construction
- A strong professional self-motivated desire to develop a career in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) with the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
- previous work experience in customer service and interaction,
- strong English communication skills,
- exceptional organizational skills,
- proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook,
- ability to lift 40lbs and be physically able to hike in rugged terrain,
- inclined with a safety-first priority when working,
- a desire to advance their skill sets,
- ability to travel occasionally to out-of-town projects
- a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00 to $72,000.00 /year