About the Company
At ESC Engineering we are best known for delivering creative, relevant, and impactful solutions to utilities, energy,
industrial, and governmental entities ranging from high voltage power applications to controls and automation
solutions for manufacturing, water/wastewater, and oil and gas, to name a few.
What we enjoy most is being here year in and year out for our clients with whom we have a 90% repeat rate and
many long-term partnerships and for our team for whom we strive to provide long term growth opportunities.
We are 100% employee-owned. That culture is a major factor in the relationships we build with our clients and with
each other. Our core values speak to who we are and what we believe: Accountable, Responsive, Experienced,
Stable, and Ownership Mindset. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to be part of, apply today and let’s
work together for a bright future.
Control Systems Engineer / Senior Control Systems Engineer
Fort Collins, CO
We are looking for an individual with varied control system and automation experience along with drive and
ambition to join our controls and automation practice. The position entails understanding clients’ needs and defining
and developing relevant and world-class solutions all the way through implementation. Additional functions include
refining work processes and continuing our tradition of developing and maintaining long term client relationships.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to help develop and grow the services and market for the group in
concert with company objectives. This position comes with the opportunity for ownership in the company.
We are flexible with experience, background, and market exposure. Our ideal candidate will have a mix of
experience and relationships in different industries such as the oil and gas, water/wastewater, or manufacturing
sectors as those are the primary areas where ESC provides services.
- Provide exceptional client services for our Controls and Automation related clients.
- Provide high quality design services for project applications related to automation and control systems,
such as control panel design, documentation, and specification development.
- Lead and provide systems integration services for project applications including system definition,
conceptual design through actual programming, and code development on COTS platforms such as PLCs,
DCSs, HMIs, and SCADA.
- Provide PLC programming for multiple platforms such as: Rockwell, GE and Siemens.
- Provide HMI programming for multiple platforms such as: Wonderware, Ignition, Rockwell and Cimplicity.
- Working directly with clients, provide services such as:
o System assessment, feasibility studies, and master plans.
o Support planning, design, and installation of systems for new and existing startups.
o Coordination on project requirements and establishing project scope.
o Design of control systems and related aspects.
o Coordination on scheduling and construction.
o Commissioning of systems.
o System training and advisement.
- Travel for project site visits and field reviews.
- Actively engage and participate in development initiatives.
- Mentor other engineers and act as subject matter expert.
- Work in collaboration with other ESC personnel, independently and/or managing other personnel based
on project requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited engineering school.
HR:/Job Descriptions/Control Systems Engineer rev.10.22.20
Control Systems Engineer
- Minimum seven (7) years’ work experience in industry in a variety of processes; food and beverage,
brewing, oil and gas, water/waste water, mining, and power systems.
o Experience with physical design including control panel design, instrument location plans, control
device specification and bills of materials and communication systems.
o Experience with control system and electrical design including development of one-line diagrams,
AC and DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control interface wiring.
o Field experience including inspection and checkout, startup, and commissioning.
o Established programming skills with a variety of PLC’s, DCS’s, SCADA and HMI systems and
databases related to control system development.
- Experience effectively working with engineering and operational staff of a varied client base.
- Problem-solving and client service orientation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to analyze systems, recommend solutions, and perform updates to minimize
disruptions to clients.
- Results driven with strong attention to detail and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly technical staff and manage multiple tasks and objectives.
- Motivated and enthusiastic; good people skills and temperament; drive and ambition to set and reach
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate effectively with
internal team members and external clients.
- Ability to maintain and develop business with both existing and new/identified clients.
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills.
- People-oriented team player.
- Experience with relevant software for control system purposes.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, within the continental U.S.
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship.
- Ten (10) or more years of applicable experience.
- PE license.
- Experience with oil and gas instrumentation and controls.
- Experience with a reasonable mix of these key software and hardware platforms:
- Rockwell – Contologix, Factory Talk
- Wonderware – InTouch, System Platform, Historian
- GE – Cimplicity, Machine Edition
- Inductive Automation – Ignition
- Emerson/GE – PLCs / PACs
- Modicon PLCs
- Honeywell – Experion, TDC
- SEL – RTAC
- Cooper Proview
- IT expertise such as network design, architecture, programming managed switches, and virtualized server
architecture, setup and configuration.
ESC Engineering offers a competitive compensation package including: medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k
and retirement plan contributions; life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) or Health Savings Account
(HSA); paid vacation and holidays; and as an employee-owned company stock ownership is made available to all
team members with an attractive return.
Send resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent information to email@example.com.
ESC Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HR:/Job Descriptions/Control Systems Engineer rev.10.22.20