KeraCel, an emerging battery technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is developing high performance solid-state lithium ion batteries. The company is seeking a Battery Materials Engineer, with an emphasis on lithium ion battery technology. The selected candidate will play a key role in developing cathode materials for production of solid-state lithium ion batteries.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected candidate will drive the development of cathode materials to meet the performance requirements of the solid-state lithium ion batteries. The candidate will design and conduct experiments to develop cathode compositions, processes and cell integration techniques. The candidate will be responsible for test cell fabrication, testing and data analysis associated with the anode and cathode materials and process development.
The candidate will employ various electrochemical characterization techniques such as voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy, cycle life testing, and reliability tests to characterize, understand, and improve the performance of the cathode.
- The candidate will have a Ph.D. in materials science, chemical engineering, chemistry, or a related field with focus on electrochemistry.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lithium ion battery technologies including material selection, cell design, electrode fabrication, cell assembly, testing and failure mode analysis are required.
- The candidate must have minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with lithium ion battery product development.
- Knowledge of solid-state thermal processing and experience with solid state battery development are highly desirable.
- The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and must be able to design and conduct complex experiments, employing DOE approach to interpret and correlate experimental results with battery product performance.
- Ability to transfer technologies from R&D into manufacturing is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work as a team player in a multi-functional environment are required.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- hands-on experience with lithium ion battery product develop: 3 years (Preferred)
- Santa Clara, CA (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off