The Civil / Environmental Project Engineer will be responsible for providing support and development of engineering design work. Areas of expertise should include: Drinking water supply and treatment, wastewater collection and treatment, site development (grading, drainage, utilities), stormwater collection and treatment, computer modeling of water systems and watersheds. We welcome both entry-level (E.I.T.) and senior-level(P.E.) applicants.
· Design of water, sewer, and drainage systems for local municipalities and new developments.
· Preparation of technical reports for engineering studies and analyses.
· Preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP's).
· Development of construction plans using AutoCAD, and development of construction specifications for projects.
· Management and field inspection of construction projects.
· Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering (Masters is a plus).
· Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
· 3-5 years of experience in engineering field, construction management, or drafting.
· Proficient in AutoCAD drafting software.
· Familiarity with hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software (HydroCAD, WaterCAD).
· Strong problem-solving and communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
· Experience with NYS/federal agencies specifications and standards is helpful (NYSDEC, NYSDOT, NYCDEP, FEMA, Ten States Standards), as well as familiarity with local government.
Brinnier and Larios, P.C. is a community-based engineering and land surveying firm that was established in 1956. For over 60 years, the firm has specialized in commercial, residential and municipal engineering and land surveying, proudly serving all of Ulster County and beyond.
Nestled in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains, Kingston is 90 miles north of NYC, and 56 miles south of Albany. It's a fast-growing small city in the beautiful Hudson Valley and in fall of 2019, it was featured as one of Vogue's "Top Five Places to Travel"!
The firm presently employs 18 hard-working individuals and is looking forward to expanding the team. Brinnier & Larios, P.C. is a mid-size firm and proud of it! Unlike the larger engineering firms, where engineers are typically used as specialists, repeatedly performing just one small aspect of a greater project, B&L offers an environment where Project Engineers really own their work. With support from other highly-experienced PE's in the office, you'll have the opportunity for a broader, more hands-on experience, where you'll design and manage all aspects of a project.
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD software: 3 years (Preferred)
- A valid E.I.T. Cert, Minimum (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift