CDMG a subsidiary of Stevens Engineers & Constructors, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Civil Design/Drafter with experience in structural and foundation design to join our Canonsburg Design Team. The ideal candidate will have strong structural and foundation design experience in heavy industrial markets.
The Civil Designer/Drafter for structural and foundation design is responsible for creating drawings, layouts and designs of various structures and foundations using basic design principles, and reviewing the drawings to ensure compliance with design standards. Requires a thorough understanding of coordinate systems, cartographic layout and design techniques. Communicates with engineering or other technical personnel and works with construction and production teams during the building of a design. Generally provides assistance to the civil engineering group by collecting data, and completing routine reports to document project activities.
The ideal candidate will also have a client focus approach and will work well independently and as part of the project team.
CDMG offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with an excellent benefit package. This is a perfect career opportunity to join an experienced group of professionals that are committed to providing our customers quality results.
Visit us on our website at www.CDMG.com.
- Uses CAD software to create detailed drawings that include dimensions, procedures and required materials.
- Drafts plans and detailed drawings for industrial structures and foundations, working from sketches or notes.
- Coordinates the collection of data and incorporates such information into drawings, maps and schematics, while consulting with engineers, surveyors and other workers involved to prepare and present drawings.
- Performs complex drafting and designing assignments with little to no supervision and reviews drawings for accuracy and completeness. Also maintains all revisions of project drawings.
- Creates drawings and models from verbal and written specifications that are obtained from the engineers. Also examines and checks engineering drawings to comply with cited specifications.
- Helps to ensure that project construction conforms to design specifications and applicable codes.
- Develops plans and estimate costs for constructing systems and operating facilities.
- Works with engineers regarding drafting standards, model design and accuracy, and design documentation.
- Incorporates data from surveys and reports to prepare his drawings, as well as makes calculations.
- Works closely with engineers and other designers/drafters to ensure the maintenance of coordination design efforts.
- Completes project responsibilities within scope, schedule and budget.
- Creates designs that feature the relationships between various systems and parts by incorporating mathematical formulas to produce component specifications and reproduce schematics to be used according to reference materials, such as manuals.
- Coordinates with other professionals to understand design concepts and establish requirements. When there is found a deficiency, revises designs to eliminate problems.
- May offer technical assistance and solutions to the design team and participates in project meetings as needed.
- Prepares reports and documents project activities and data.
- Sets up and helps maintain project files and records.
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical institute with major coursework in drafting, design or a related field of study.
- Four (4) years of professional experience in Civil Design/Drafting.
- Detail-Oriented - Paying close attention to detail, so the design plans being built are technically accurate to the specifications outlined.
- Technical Skills - Must have the ability to use computer software and work with database tools.
- Math Skills - These are important as he works with technical drawings that would require mathematical calculations that involve angles and weights, not to mention costs.
- Critical-Thinking Skills - Helps engineering team they work with by identifying problems with designs and plans.
- Time-Management Skills - Works under strict deadlines, but should still be able to produce the required output in accordance to set schedules.
- Communication Skills - Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as technical writing.
- Interpersonal Skills – Are a basic requirement considering that this position works closely with other professionals in the field to ensure the accuracy of final plans.
- Strong Work Ethic – Must be results driven.
- Advanced Computer Skills - Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Project, Access), and Autocad 2019, Navisworks Manage 2019, and Navisworks Freedom engineering and design software, familiarity with Plant 3D and Cadworx 3D software is a plus.
CDMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and place Safety First.
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Designer: 4 years (Required)
- Canonsburg, PA (Required)