HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Process Technologist on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a background in mineral processing or process technology and experience in iron ore processing. The ideal applicant would have experience in an industrial setting, mining, processing, and manufacturing.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. The duration of the position is 6 months, with possibility of an extension.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reporting to the Senior Process Technologist at our Labrador Operations, you will:
- Contribute to safety performance;
- Conduct routine sampling in assigned area on a daily, weekly or bi-weekly basis to monitor and optimize the process as well as prevent future issues (breakdowns, quality non-conformances, etc.);
- Provide technical support for operations on issues which impact quality and/or throughput;
- Conduct technical test work to optimize each area of the plant in order to improve performance and to investigate possible future plant improvements with regards to quality, production, and recovery;
- Provide technical support to engineers to achieve improvements in yield, unit cost, quality, safety and compliance of production and operations processes;
- Assist the instrumentation team with the calibration of gauges/sensors by sampling the process and providing data;
- Analyze malfunctions and deviations of processing equipment to identify and resolve problems; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical Diploma in Mineral processing/process technology or relevant work experience with ongoing professional development;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar industrial setting, mining, processing, manufacturing or related setting;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience in iron ore processing considered an asset; and
- P. Tech designation considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure; and
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- mineral/iron ore processing or process technology: 3 years (Required)
- mining, processing, and manufacturing in industrial setting: 3 years (Required)