TI Fluid Systems is seeking a skilled Machinist at our Technology Center location in Auburn Hills. TI Fluid Systems develops and produces award-winning, industry-leading automotive fluid systems. This position is a great opportunity to work for a world class Tier I Automotive supplier.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Fabricate and build using a variety of machinist and welding equipment and test fixtures
- Fabricate and build custom brackets, mounts, fittings, test manifolds and test fixtures.
- Interface with Test Technicians, Technologists, Product Engineers, and Supervisors on updates and new test procedures, equipment and methods.
- Design test fixtures, harnesses and test boxes to meet client specifications
- Develop new test fixtures/loads to simulate vehicle components
- Manage responsibility for safety of yourself, all personnel, and the lab
Skill & Education Requirements:
- Minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
- Associates degree in Machine Shop Technology or a related field
- Ability to skillfully operate and work with a wide variety of hand and power tools associated with the trade.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, diagrams, and sketches.
- Experience with vertical mills, lathes, band saws, drill presses, arbor press, metal brake, and pedestal grinder, and Plasma cutters.
- Experience and knowledge of MIG, TIG
- Experience and knowledge to design custom test fixtures in CAD .
- Excellent soldering skills
- Good interpersonal, computer, oral and written skills.
- Strong experience and skill in a variety of custom fabrication in all types of metal
- Familiarity with fluid connections and fluid carrying systems a plus. Fuel and Brake, Thermal (HVAC), and fuel pump and tank systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Machining: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location