An Indirect Buyer job in Austin, TX is currently accepting applications. This is a 5+ month contract position with our key manufacturing client. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree, along with 5 - 8 years of experience in purchasing or a purchasing related function. In this role, you will be responsible for portfolio management including supplier selection, commercial and contractual negotiations and optimization in order to contribute to company competitiveness. On the North America IT scope, you will be responsible to define the segment strategy for the region and deploy it with support of the local sites procurement and IT teams. This includes: identify, negotiate, select and set-up master agreements with IT/Buy and Resell vendors in North America. You will also manage the spending evolution and lead the cost reduction program for such segment at regional level.
***This is a 5 month contract opportunity***
Indirect Buyer Job Duties:
Indirect Buyer Job Qualifications:
- Provide support as needed, including quotation requests to vendors and PO creation
- Utilize creativity and strategic thinking to develop new and challenging ways to achieve cost reduction while maintaining a high level of satisfaction with internal customers
- Consolidate business needs and optimize the supplier portfolio
- Negotiate prices, global discounts and terms and conditions with suppliers
- Review contracts with the Legal team
- Prepare, launch, manage and follow-up on RFI and RFQ with suppliers in order to fulfill internal customer needs and market demands
- Lead cross-regional projects and actions in order to deliver value and optimize spending
- Define a unified IT strategy for the different NorAm sites/groups and monitor the IT segment evolution and strategy compliance
- Take the lead as regional escalation point for main IT projects or challenges faced by local manufacturing site buyers
- Ensure agreements are in place to secure prices and protect our business on the IT and Buy & Resell segments
- Define master agreements and put price lists in place in order to potentially avoid individual supplier selection process for every single PO > 25kusd
- Bachelor"s degree is required
- 5 - 8 years of experience in purchasing or a purchasing related function
- Ability to contribute to the application of the corporate strategy, experience defining and implementing spend reduction, and high level experience with MS Excel including pivot tables etc.
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Customer oriented and a strong oral and written communicator
If you are interested in this Indirect Buyer job in Austin, TX, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.