Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
The Material Developer I, Footwear will support the development and management of new materials specific for footwear with an emphasis on aesthetic, performance, quality, cost and sustainability. They collaborate with the vendor, the product creation team, and other functions in order to establish seasonal material direction, attain on-time delivery and ensure product excellence for both consumers and athletes.
- Provide tools, palettes and data across multiple material types to enable effective material selection for end use and category ease of use; including technical assistance to product creation teams.
- Partner with Material Design to ensure the material palette is infused with seasonal energy, while considering source base, price and performance
- Adhere to the product creation calendar to ensure seasonal materials are developed, tested and commercialized on time.
- Collaborate with Material Planning & Procurement to ensure you are providing visibility to both your category and to Planning & Procurement when issues or concerns arise; collaborate on resolution.
- Lead vendor communication and have good understanding of vendor capabilities. Serve as the primary contact for vendors as it relates to category specific issues (price, technical specs, performance).
- Address risks and trouble-shoot solutions when issues or concerns arise.
- Collaborate with product creation team, innovation and sourcing to provide training and education.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel, Textiles, Business or equivalent, or an additional two years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 2 years' relevant work experience, which may include footwear materials development manufacturing or engineering
- Understanding of various material manufacturing processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continual innovation ability
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Strong verbal/written and intercultural communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems, perform research and analyze results
- Strong attention to detail and strong follow up skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with material management systems is a plus
- Understanding of the product creation process is preferred
- Lab testing and ability to interpret results preferred
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.