KEEWATIN-ASKI LTD. engineering & architecture
Sioux Lookout, ON
Exceptional experience and job satisfaction that cannot be offered by large-scale firms. Enjoy short commutes to work and a broad collection of recreational and leisure activities at the end of the day and during the weekend.
Keewatin-Aski Ltd. is a team of experienced professionals practicing for over 30 years in Northwestern Ontario. We are seeking an ambitious, skilled Senior Engineer to join our firm with a partnership option.
We offer an opportunity to join a well established architectural and engineering practice strategically based in Northern Ontario. The successful candidate will work alongside like-minded professionals in a newly constructed collaborative workspace. Now in our 37th year of operation, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Required Education & Experience
Professional degree in civil engineering from an accredited Canadian university and licensed membership with a provincial engineering association.
Minimum 15 years practicing in an engineering firm including a minimum of 5 years practice in Canada since licensure.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, executing infrastructure projects from the planning and conceptual stages through to contract document production, tendering and total construction completion.
- Attend / lead project and client meetings. Perform site reviews as necessary.
- Manage technical staff, assign work, monitor project schedules and review work of technical staff.
- Prepare proposals and participate in business development and administration activities.
Strong leadership skills with an ability to develop cohesive working relationships within a multi‐ disciplinary team.
Demonstrated knowledge of civil infrastructure, constructability, detailing, materials, and industry associated standards.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas of practice: water and wastewater, stormwater, and highway / traffic engineering.
Time management and organizational skills, self-motivated, and ability to manage project teams while balancing multiple priorities/tasks.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to write technical design reports, proposals and technical specifications.
Skills in AutoCAD and Civil 3D an asset.
Well versed in provincial and federal regulatory requirements and standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Stock options
- Vision care
Staff encouraged to receive vaccination.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Engineering: 10 years (preferred)
- License to Practice Engineering in a Canadian Province (required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place