The Electrician will utilize their experience with PLC's, electric motor controls, plumbing, and mechanical to assist with the day to day operations of the food manufacturing facility. The qualified candidate will work with the Maintenance Engineer to ensure up time on equipment with an emphasis on electrical circuits.
- Works in accordance with safety regulations and procedures at all times (LOTO, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Material Handling procedures, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of PLCs and experience with programming PLCs and VFDs.
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives, Good Manufacturing Practices, AIB and Internal Audits and Product Quality at all times.
- Conducts “Pre-Flight” checkout of operating systems prior to start-up of the line.
- Participates in root cause problem solving & troubleshooting issues.
- Performs preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance.
- Capable of overhauling most process systems and equipment to ensure optimal equipment up-time.
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics.
- Works cross-functionally with production and sanitation associates to provide effective maintenance support and to protect food safety and quality.
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance measures.
- Understands levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: High School or equivalent is required. Certified electrician is preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment in dealing with and repairing electrical issues
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge.
- Programmable Logic Control and Industrial Motor Controls troubleshooting and programming experience.
- Welding, plumbing, and pipe fitting experience.
- Ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Tasks require working from a ladder or elevated platform and in confined spaces, while following OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work Nights, Weekends & Holidays.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Must be able to work any shift; Shift hours are 6am-3pm, 2pm-11pm, 10pm-7am.
Clements Foods Company offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and profit sharing. Please apply through Indeed, by fax (405) 858-2218, or in person at Clements Foods Company 6601 N. Harvey Pl. Oklahoma City, OK 73116 between the hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Electrical Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Electrical License (Preferred)