Environmental Solutions Group - Marathon Equipment
Design structural systems for waste handling, recycling, and waste-to-energy equipment and systems. Perform sustaining activities to maintain and improve existing designs. Perform development activities to design new equipment and systems. Work with suppliers to determine component selections. Develop and maintain structural drawings and bill of materials. Assist service and production with resolving structural issues. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions, and is expected to work with minimal direction.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Design and detail structural components and assemblies to meet customer expectations.
- Create shop design packages that include bills of material, part drawings, and assembly drawings required for production.
- Upgrade existing designs to meet current requirements, improving reliability, and reducing cost when possible.
- Cascade system level customer requirements to structural specifications and requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct design verification testing at component, subsystem, and system level.
- Assist in the development of project plans, timelines, deliverables, and quality plans.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers, distributors, and salespersons.
- Review product service manuals and product specifications to ensure accuracy, as necessary.
- Provide onsite customer support as needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Minimum two years related experience, five years preferred.
- Prefer two years of experience using Pro-E, SolidWorks, or another 3D CAD system.
- Able to perform hand calculations to determine load and stress in structural members.
- Experience in simulation analysis (i.e. FEA) of materials and structures.
- Able to determine required specifications for the following components: Pumps, motors, gear reduction, bearings, and fasteners.
- Hydraulic system knowledge: Components of the hydraulic system, including the devices that actuate, discharge, and control the flow of hydraulic fluid and those devices which sense, control, and limit hydraulic pressure.
- Hydraulic system abilities: Calculate cylinder cycle times, hydraulic forces, and required piping/hose size.
- Experience developing conceptual designs and budgetary quotes.
- The candidate should be able to exhibit strong problem solving skills such as: 6-Sigma, 8D, A3, 5 Why, PDCA, etc. to solve complex problems.
- The candidate must have strong leadership skills and be results oriented. This person must be a strong communicator that is creative yet believes in a structured approach to solving problems and meeting goals.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, work at a fast pace, and yet still be highly detailed and accurate. They must show project management capabilities such as being goal oriented while being able to identify high priority, critical path tasks.