Fast-paced, 4 stars, Focus Hotel is looking for someone to fill the position of Hotel Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Smile and greet guests in a friendly and professional manner, while assisting with any questions or concerns.
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety and other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety and consistency.
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisors. May educate and train any hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical
systems (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment.
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program (see
maintenance manual for system specifics).
- Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize
and schedule work.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning mechanical systems and
- Inspecting the property to identify potential and current needs.
- Estimating department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting
with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals. Once
the contractor is selected and employed, ensuring work is completed to
- Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Servicing the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning
- Completing maintenance logs.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow
removal, lawn care, painting).
- Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Ideal Candidate Must:
- Have previous maintenance and management experience
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Have a clean driving record
- Have reliable transportation
- Be able to work holidays and weekends
- Be able to cover shifts due to calls off/staff shortages
- Be able to manage a small department (Schedules, terminations, etc.)
- Be able available at all hours in case of emergencies.
Benefits May Include:
- Flexible Schedule.
- Health Insurance.
- Growth Opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- engineering: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused