POSITION: Packaging Engineer
Status: Salary (exempt)
Version: 5/11/21 version
Accel Inc. is a 25 year-old company located in the Beauty Park in New Albany, Ohio. We are a company that provides world class co-packaging, kitting and assembly services in a 500,000 square foot facility for leading retail, CPG and food/beverage companies.
(1) Core Daily Functions
- Work with a broad range of materials and processes to design, source and utilize advanced packaging for projects.
- Collaborate with packaging suppliers, R&D, quality, supply chain and marketing to ensure business alignment during development.
- Drive technical excellence throughout the product life cycle.
- Prepare project timelines and track progress from concept to implementation.
- Develop and refine concepts for new products including packaging and processes.
- Develop budgetary quotes/cost estimates for new packaging programs.
- Create package test protocols, execute testing and interpret data to ensure package integrity.
- Effectively manage the work of suppliers and contractors that are designing, developing and prototyping packaging.
- Provide assistance to internal and external quality and operations teams during startup of new products or packaging innovations.
- Identify novel packaging concepts to satisfy unmet consumer needs and perform feasibility testing to determine commercial viability.
- Develop and refine new product and packaging concepts into business proposals with detailed plans to commercialize continuous improvement.
(3) Cost Management & Efficiencies
- Identify opportunities that lead to cost, quality and service improvements.
- Collaborate with QA and operations to design, qualify and implement enhancements.
- Create and implement processes to boost efficiencies.
- Strong track record of successful new packaging launches
- Acumen in fundamental engineering principles and scientific theory
- Basic understanding of project management and product development processes
- Working knowledge of flexible and rigid plastic packaging systems
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing operations and quality systems
- Managing basic projects with various internal and external stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem solving (root cause analysis)
- Results driven self-starter
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Education: B.S. in one of the following fields: Packaging Science, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field or experience.
- Experience: 2 or more years developing primary and secondary packaging solutions, preferably consumer packaged goods.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and credentials
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Package Engineering: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location