Tired of being a cog in the machine? Want to make a real difference in the development of products to support a reliable power grid and protect wildlife all at the same time? You may have found the position!
Power Line Sentry is looking for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our R&D team. We are seeking a creative problem solver who possesses an intuitive grasp of engineering fundamentals. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their expertise in a cross-functional team to design the next generation of PLS products.
This role is heavily involved in the product development cycle, but also supports our current products and applications. The Electrical Engineer will work collaboratively with other engineers in R&D as well as other disciplines ranging from Mechanical Engineering, Marketing and Sales. Members of this team will impact all aspects of a product’s design, assembly, and installation.
- Engage in all phases of product development including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, material compliance, manufacturing startup and application support.
- Evaluates products, components, applications by applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Develops product by studying product requirements, research, testing and material evaluation.
- Provides technical support by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Support fielded products and perform analysis of field reported issues.
- Mentor and educate team on changing trends in technology.
- Assist R&D team in performing QFD, FEA and FMEA analysis on new projects.
- Design and build prototypes and rigs for internal review, testing, and consumer validation.
- Manage product standards testing (IEEE, IEC, ANSI, ISO, ASTM, or UL) and proactively communicate status of testing efforts with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Participate in design review sessions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in the power generation, transmission or distribution sector.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering / high voltage fundamentals
- Solid analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and relentless drive to identify potential problems and take responsibility for their resolution.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues quickly and effectively.
- Comfortable multitasking and responding quickly to shifting priorities without losing sight of longer-term projects and goals.
- MS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of related experience in power generation, transmission or distribution sector.
- Working knowledge of high voltage (1-500kV) systems.
- Ability and creative resourcefulness to engineer prototypes to achieve desired performance and under tight timelines.
- Experience with MatLab and other advanced modeling tools.
- Advanced skills in using Excel to generate graphs and charts from test data
- Willingness to work across time zones.
We increase the reliability of the electrical grid by protecting the grid from adverse contact with wildlife and environmental factors.
Power Line Sentry was established in 1998, and while our mission to simultaneously protect wildlife from power systems – and power systems from wildlife – has remained constant, both our approach and our industry has evolved with the expansion of the electrical grid.
And though the public perception of wildlife safety and electrical grid reliability may not often be considered connected, they are in fact closely linked. In fact, they are one in the same.
- Our designs are engineered for durability and strength
- Our solutions are proven to be effective and secure
- Our approach is rooted in our commitment to power reliability
If you’re absorbed by engineering standards, engrossed by the nuances of power reliability, and obsessed with continuous improvement, we’d like to know you. Please submit an introduction with your resume and we will be in touch.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wellington, CO 80549: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- How many years experience do you have with high voltage systems (4kV-500kV)?
- electrical engineering: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location