About Envision AESC US LLC
Envision AESC is an exciting, newly created global organization committed to solving the challenges of a sustainable future and becoming the leading supplier of full-value-chain battery solutions. Our lithium-ion batteries are inside more than 480,000 electric vehicles worldwide and have a stellar safety record of zero-critical issues. We will continue to build upon our successes and expand into new markets and industries, producing innovative and competitive products and technologies that advance the goal of a zero-carbon emission future. Envision AESC is headquartered in Japan and has battery manufacturing locations in Japan, UK and the U.S. We are currently seeking candidates to fill a Process Engineer role to support our Smyrna, TN plant.
As a Process Engineer you will have the opportunity to design and introduce improvements to our processes. You will use your mechanical and process control skills to influence and inspire change while ensuring that safety and quality considerations are paramount at all times. Work across the organization to foster continuous improvement for long-term success.
- Works daily with Production, Maintenance, and Quality personnel. Supports current model and new model engineering.
- Supports daily OEE and quality issues. Analyzes part traceability and equipment performance data to trouble-shoot production issues.
- Supports warranty issue investigations and quality improvement initiatives.
- Identify areas for process improvement; Lead teams as necessary to identify and implement improvements; act as a clearinghouse for improvement efforts.
- Responsible for process sheet development for assigned area.
- Supports process changes, design changes, trial parts, and Kaizen improvement activities.
- Leads equipment acquisition or modifications to support new model launches.
- Provides engineering representation for cross-functional activities involving other disciplines such as Facilities and Controls, etc.
- Demonstrates data driven problem solving methodology and can effectively present work to all levels of management
- Adhere to and reinforce safe working practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier experience a plus.
- Must have good understanding of root cause analysis, problem solving techniques, and process control management for quality and throughput issue resolution.
- Proven history of working will all levels of the organization.
- Flexible attitude, stress restraint, pro-active, analytical, and pragmatic.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and knowledge of AutoCAD.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a high volume manufacturing facility. Background in supporting a highly technical automotive-related manufacturing environment is highly desired.
Must be a self-motivated individual with good written and verbal communication skills and Data Driven Decision Making skills.
Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier experience a plus.
Must have good understanding of root cause analysis, problem solving techniques, and process control management for quality and throughput issue resolution.
Proficient in MS Office applications and knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor.
High level of applicable technical skills with AutoCAD, Invetor, Statistics, Basic Engineering Principles and reporting of Technical Items.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering (preferred).
Computer Skills Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Access and other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce standard and non-standard, creative products.
All of us at Envision AESC – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance products. It is Envision AESC’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**