Note: Position will require regular out-of-state travel and you should expect to be living in hotels Monday-Thursday. Please only apply if you do not have any travel restrictions.
An Omnicell Field Engineer is primarily responsible for hardware and software support of Omnicell solutions. They are actively involved in the setup and configuration of hardware and software installations, remotely or onsite.
- Install, configure and support Omnicell hardware and software remotely or onsite.
- Communicate with Specialists, Consultants, Project Support Managers, the account and appropriate personnel about project status, milestones and problems and assist whenever needed to ensure compliance and follow through.
- Assist Specialists, Consultants and Project Support Managers with technical support during pre-implementation and installation.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and communicates problems with appropriate stakeholders.
- Manages individual schedules to complete all assigned requests.
- Performs required tasks to ensure timely go live and customer satisfaction.
- Site cleanup: submit and closeout all RMA’s for project, return/dispose of all unused implementation materials.
- Assist with obtaining customer acceptance.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of general mechanical and electrical devices.
- Experience with basic tools.
- Office Software: Excel, Outlook, Visio, Word.
- Demonstrated strong customer service and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in the field from a home office or remote location.
- Fluency in managing business travel, expenses and customer engagements independently.
- Must be able to multi-task multiple requests/projects at any given time.
- Understanding of Network Standards/Protocols.
- Possess the ability to work independently with little direction; must be a motivated self-starter.
- Associate’s Degree or Professional Certification in either Healthcare or Information Systems/Information Technology and minimum six months I/T related experience. In lieu of Associate’s Degree, four year armed services I/T or technical related experience or High School Diploma/GED and one year demonstrated I/T industry related work experience.
- Work experience with Windows Operating Systems such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- AS/BS Degree in a technical discipline (Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics Technology or Engineering).
- Omnicell hardware knowledge.
- Remote/field based position.
- 100% Travel required.
- Must be able to push heavy equipment and have good dexterity for doing routine configuration tasks.
- Standing/sitting for prolonged periods of time may be required. Position may require a fair degree of physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping and bending frequently.
- Must be willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds with the support of lifting devices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What operating systems are you most familiar with?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- IT/computer related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Passport (Required)
Willingness To Travel: