Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. (‘Lakeside’) is recognized as a market leader, providing complete automation solutions to a wide range of industries. Our capabilities in process management and industrial automation enable us to solve our customers’ process automation challenges, keeping their operations running safer.
Our solutions range from devices that measure and relay diverse physical and chemical conditions, devices that control flow of materials, networks that transmit event-related information, to process control systems that collect information and trigger necessary actions to ensure continued operations.
Lakeside’s success is due to its exceptional people. Our skills and passion for our work is the key to our strong business results. Our commitment to a culture of integrity, teamwork and collaboration is what drives our continued and sustainable growth.
We seek individuals who are engaged, capable and committed to continuous improvement.
If this sounds like you, apply today and discover your potential with Lakeside!
*During the current global health crisis, COVID-19, the safety and well being of our entire community is a top priority, which includes current and future employees. We invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Lakeside is responding to the pandemic.*
What you will be doing in the role of Control Systems Engineer:
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- On-site services including configuration, system installation, start-up services, system upgrades and preventative maintenance of process automation solutions
- Provide customized training for plant personnel
- Provide telephone consultation on process automation problems
- Follow through with customer maintenance contract work
- Provide troubleshooting expertise to resolve process automation problems
- Maintain sound working relationships with customer’s personnel in various functional departments, such as; engineering, purchasing and maintenance
- Help maintain and follow ISO procedures
- Maintenance of Lakeside support infrastructure including software/hardware installation of new equipment set-up
- Maintain Install Base Services certification by taking required Emerson Process Management school/training courses
- Provide a premier level of customer service
- Handle all customer complaints immediately including participation in 24 hours emergency support rotation
- Promote a team approach within Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
- Perform other duties supportive of main objectives, as assigned
- Promote services capability
Knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Engineering or Technologist degree in Chemical, Electrical, Biosystems or related discipline
- Five to Ten (5-10) years’ experience pertaining to the service, maintenance and configuration of automation solutions in process industries
- Proficient in automation software including PLC, HMI and DCS applications
- Understanding of electronics and basic electrical requirements
- Knowledge of process control and instrumentation
- Proficient in computer operating systems and programming languages (Windows 7, Server 2016, Visual Basic as a minimum) including exposure to operating system installation and upgrades
- Experience with troubleshooting of computer hardware and its peripherals
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Training and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Diagnostic information gathering
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Results orientation
- Personal credibility
- Team orientation
What we give YOU!
- A competitive compensation package
- An RRSP matching program
- A comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage plan
- Ample time off throughout the year
- A work from home program
- A structured training and development program
- Opportunity to participate in Lakeside’s Wellness Program – a recipient of Benefit Canada’s Best In-Class Wellness Programming for organizations under 1000 employees!!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $57,058.00-$94,791.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
- related: 5 years (Required)