Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
About the Role
Pasadena based Engineering & Design firm leading the energy transition for Fortune 500 companies is seeking a Licensed Senior Civil Engineer with growth opportunity to an Associate/Principle who has a minimum of 10 years’ experience in design, project management and business development to lead our alternative fuels civil engineering team. This is a key role which requires a self-starter to engage in heavy production and management, workload scheduling and coordinating with Project Managers on fast paced projects.
(Applicants from outside staffing agencies will not be considered)
Design Engineering – 75%
- Develops standard or special designs, plans, specifications, and specific job procedures for projects, when applicable.
- Develops and accurately completes LID, WQMP, Hydrology Reports, SWPPP, Cost Estimates, and NOI plans and applications.
- Prepares design calculations; checks and reviews plans, drawings, specifications, and reports
- Designs Conceptual, Preliminary, and Construction Document level Site Plan.
- Designs Site Drainage/Stormwater, Utility plan - Sanitary Sewer Service and Water Service, Demolition and Erosion Control plan.
- Generates Entitlement and Construction Document document submittal requirments.
- Actively manages design coordination with outside consultants (survey,landscape, structual engineer, and MEP).
- Determines the need for basic data such as field surveys, location of utilities, soil tests, and requests/obtains information through appropriate channels.
- Performs QA/QC, reviews calculations, designs, evaluations and specifications developed by design staff for accuracy and completeness on all documents within the purview of the civil engineering team.
- Advises company clients, outside consultants, and AHJ’s on civil engineering matters
- As needed, performs difficult research, investigation, and design work.
Management – 25%
- Ability to receive assignments in general terms and plan, layout, and direct the work of a group of engineers on a variety of problems
- Schedules, coordinates and attends meetings with project teams, client and/or review agencies, and ensures that timely and appropriate documents (exhibits, progress prints, backup data, etc.) required for the meetings are prepared.
- Administers major contracts with consultants/contractors for studies, and design projects
- Team Management:
- Provides hands-on direction and coordinate the work of a unit with a general program or a specific problem; identifying potential design and scheduling issues and implementing cost-effective solutions, managing and evaluating both direct reports and outside consultants (civil, survey, landscape, Geotech, etc.).
- Maintains work schedules for direct reports and provides direct supervision of team in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Accountable for all Fiedler Group Civil Engineering design activities, including consultant design activities, as well as the accuracy, cost controls, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related client management.
- Accountable for the quality and accuracy of all Civil Engineering project deliverables, exhibits and documents.
- Responsible for plan check requirements and ensuring compliance with green book, building codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering; civil engineering methods and practices used in the preparation of designs, plans, specifications, estimates, and reports; the principles and techniques of drafting and mapping; field engineering methods.
- Skilled in interpreting specifications, plans, and drawings; field engineering methods; finding engineering information sources; making accurate engineering computations.
- Ability to understand technical engineering questions and provide accurate information;
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D (i.e. feature lines, surfaces, grading labels, earthwork, and profiles)
- Proficient with Autoturn CAD software– truck route design and analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to multi-task competing priorities and still be precise, accurate, detail oriented, and quality driven.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an emphasis on accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Education and Experience:
- Required: Civil P.E. License in California
- Required: BS or MS Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Required: 6 to 10 years of related progressive experience in management and responsibilities; with a minimum 5 years of experience in supervision and development of LID, WQMP, Hydrology Reports, SWPPP, Cost Estimates, and NOI plans
- Preferred: Certificates in Qualified Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Developer, Qualified SWPPP Practitioner
- Preferred: multi-site project coordination with various disciplines
- Preferred: Experience in fuel at UST (underground storage tanks)
This is a Full Time, Exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits & Perks:
At Fiedler Group, we pride ourselves on the team atmosphere we have built and believe that a positive work environment not only fuels creativity and drive, but also provides a collaborative environment that fosters individual learning and growth. Therefore, we have developed the benefits package below to enhance our employees' overall employment experience.
Our benefits include:
- 95% paid Medical (HMO & PPO), 90% paid Dental
- 100% paid Vision, LTD, Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health and Wellness Benefit
- 401(k) Plan with immediate vesting and company matching
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Tiered Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 15 days/year
- PTO Cash Out Option
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Holiday Get-Togethers & Firm-wide celebrations and events
- Training and Educational Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- supervision and development of LID, WQMP, Hydrology Reports,: 5 years (Required)
- Civil Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- California Civil Engineer Professional (Preferred)
- What are your salary expectations?