Who We Are
Clark-Reliance® is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. Clark-Reliance is a family-owned company that strives to maintain an environment that nurtures employees. Clark-Reliance prides itself on the development of its employees and finds way to continue to grow every year.
What is an Applications Engineer?
An Applications Engineer will generate quotations for customers and provide pre-contract technical support to the Company to generate sales while maintaining customer satisfaction.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills with listening, consultative and problem-solving skills. The Applications Engineer will report to the Product Manager of Jacoby-Tarbox.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide application, technical, installation and trouble-shooting consultation with customers, sales and Company departments.
2. Answer customer questions related to Company products, competitive products and technical issues related to product integration within the customer’s unique environment.
3. Ability to clearly articulate our products’ value and business benefits, as well as cover the technical details of our products succinctly.
4. Assist in identifying customer needs and requirements to better qualify potential prospects for the Company.
5. Provide market feedback on quotations, product, and competitive positioning to sales and marketing.
6. Review and analyze customer requirements through blueprints, plans or other information to develop and prepare a detailed proposal, which describes: type of equipment needed, price, delivery time and financial terms for the product.
7. Prepare documentation, proposal or submittal packages that the customer requires.
8. Review all proposals for compliance with company standards and contract language.
9. Process material and/or equipment orders received from customers.
10. Maintain CRM per company guidelines.
11. Inform customer of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any information pertinent to the customer order.
12. Enter orders via order entry system and calculates total cost to the customer, discount and sales representative commission.
13. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
14. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
15. Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
16. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
17. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
18. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
- Four degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred. • Strong interpersonal skills with listening, consultative and problem-solving skills. • Proficient in MS Office products. • Self-directed with ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision. • Ability to apply product knowledge and past experience to make independent decisions. • Ability to function and thrive in a team environment with an appreciation of aggressive goals. • Technical sales experience a plus.
Physical and Technical Environment
- Minimal lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. • Must be able to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop in a normal office environment. • Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office and shop area, walking, climbing stairs, utilizing elevator. • Some travel required, exposure to varying environments and cultures at the job site, changing deadlines, strict time constraints.
Benefits and Perks
401(k) Profit Sharing
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Career Development Opportunities
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans
Company Picnic at Cedar Point
Sporting Event Ticket Giveaways
Community Volunteering Opportunities
About Clark-Reliance Corporation®
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet