Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a hotel or a related field
- Must be proficient in Windows XP, e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Long hours sometimes required
- Light work - Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including dress code and wearing a name tag when working.
- Ensure standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Tour the operating departments daily, making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, to review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain productivity levels.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
- Oversee and assist in the company budget process as required.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment that focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices weekly.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all department reviews, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all hotel team members and ensure that all are in compliance with the standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place