AMETEK, Inc. is a $4.7B global diversified manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 17,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500
Amptek is a world leader in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of radiation detection components used in X-ray and gamma-ray detection. These are used primarily in X-ray spectroscopy, for analytical chemistry in laboratory and portable applications, and in nuclear and space research.
Amptek is seeking a proactive and enthusiastic engineer that can apply their quality toolbox to accurately identify issues, determine appropriate corrective action and effectively execute solutions.
Position Requirements:Position Requirements:
- Manages assigned servers, workstations, and other components including rollout, installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Resolves problems reported for local and wide area networks, personal computers, and networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Provides answers to complex, high-level IT support issues
- Monitors and measures the performance of the network; reports problems to the appropriate individuals
- Researches, plans, and oversees assigned server, network and telephone system replacements and upgrades
- Maintains documentation of all hardware and software under areas of responsibility
- Establishes and maintains contact with vendors for support and problem resolution
- Assists in creating end-user IT systems documentation and assists in the end-user orientation and training.
- Supports training and enforcement of Ametek IT policies and procedures
- Designing and managing LANs/WANs: switches, routers, VLANs, wireless networks, etc.
- Managing servers, workstations, and printers Analytical thinking and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, plus 3-5 years related experience, with an MSCE and CNE certification are preferred.
- Shuttle between two Ametek business units in Chelmsford and Bedford on weekly basis. Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience working with computer technologies including: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Sub-netting and Routing, RAID, VLANs, HTTP(s), Wi-Fi (WPA, Radius, etc.), LDAP, etc.
- Experience with IT security in environments with various levels of restriction.
- Experience training and supporting Help Desk Technicians and Applications support personnel when available or providing such support in their absence.
- Strong time management and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience leading IT related project rollouts Experience with virtualization is preferred
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple information systems is required, under intense time pressure day coverage to our users.