Location: Albert Lea, MN Shift: 1st Shift Status: Non-Exempt Type: Full-time
Variety of welding processes utilizing mig, tig, robotic, and gas applications. Welds commonly used metals and alloys of various shapes, sizes, thicknesses, etc. Selects welding electrodes for specific welds to ensure penetration and fusion of base and filler metals. Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to blue prints, layouts, or work orders. Welds in vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions. Working knowledge of welding materials and equipment.
- Mark-up incorrect drawings and bills of material, submit to engineering and plan for change.
- Communicate with engineers and designers on problems regarding production tools. Fabricate components from blueprints and verbal instructions.
- Fabricate components from blueprints and verbal instructions.
- Perform assignments in accordance with written quality procedures.
- Uses cutting torches, grinders, etc. and similar metal working equipment to complete welding projects.
- Ensure compliance to safety rules and procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Pre-Employment Screening - Includes passing a drug screen
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· The welder is required to be on their feet for up to twelve hours using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around machinery. They will also be required to frequently walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
· The welder must be capable of lifting and moving up to 15 pounds; frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices.
· Individuals will work near moving mechanical parts of machinery and electrically activated devices.
· Individuals are occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
· Perform math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
· Knowledge of decimals, fractions, and metric/English conversions
· Participate in continuous improvement activities that result in reducing variation and waste in the manufacturing process. Using a specified training format, work closely in training new welders
· Lift and position parts into fixtures
· Requires a minimum of three years of experience or related education and experience combined. Welding education is strongly encouraged.
We offer the following:
- Medical & Short-Term Disability- Low premium rates!
- HRA – 100% Employer Contribution, helps pay medical deductible!
- Free Clinic – For covered employees and their dependents!
- Long Term Disability & Life Insurance – 100% Employer Paid!
- Personal Time Off – We let you use before you accrue!
- Tuition Reimbursement – Up to $4,000 per year!
- Paid Holidays – Eligible on 1st day of employment!
- 401K and ESOP – Stock ownership retirement funds are invested for you with no contribution from employee.
- Profit Sharing – Share the company’s profit!
- $2.00 Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd Shift – Best shift premium in our region!
- Clean and safe work environment. (MNSHARP Approved Worksites)
- Non-Union (Employee Owned)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location