Requisition Number: SW0001
Location Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Clearance Type: None
Appalachian Radio Corporation (ARC) is looking for you to join our team as an Embedded Programmer based out of Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.
What You’ll Do:
Related tasks are of the following flavors: sysadmin/project administration, website design/development, software development, embedded system development (yes, all of these.)
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
-Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows platforms from the OS up to the developed applications.
-Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in documentation to be delivered to the customer.
-Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
-Coordinate execution of hardware integration tests to verify system operation.
-Work with software developers as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during software integration. Submit problem reports for errors found.
Strong technical skills in the following are required:
- Experience with C and C++ languages with some working knowledge of embedded systems.
- Ability to develop and debug existing and new services.
- Experience integrating complex applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up.
- Experience with VMWare systems administration and installing.
- Experience with Powershell/Bash/Korn scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
- Use of Git Version Control System
- Ability to read and troubleshoot application source code.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change.
- Experience writing installation manuals. Able to write clear, concise system installation and
- Good communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with software developers, system administrators, and analysis and test engineers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- computer science / engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Charlottesville, VA 22904 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply