Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. Develops work instructions that the shop uses to build the product. Utilizes PLM, MES, and ERP systems to ensure part availability and efficient shop floor execution.
DoD Secret clearance or higher required.
Approximately 9 years experience supporting various projects and coordinating activities related to the full life cycle of projects from conception to delivery.
Approximately 9 years experience in a manufacturing environment working cross functionally with other disciplines including industrial engineering, planning, scheduling, Quality Assurance and/or production planning.
Experience with manufacturing processes and procedures including fabrication, assembly, machining, coatings, and/or electrical in several disciplines including composites, metallics, machining, bonded assemblies and/or installations.
Experience reading engineering blueprints, process specifications and facility lay-outs.
Previous experience with lean manufacturing and process improvements
Experience with MRP system.
- Understanding of LM Palmdale company policies, procedures and systems including SAP and SFM.
- Experience with planning functions including Computer Aided Production Planning (CAPP) and Shop Order Maintenance (SOM). Experience with 3DX, iBASEt, and/or ERP4C is desired.
- Working knowledge of one or more organizations including: Operations, IT, Planning, Production Control, ERP, MRP, Quality or systems integration.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to successfully work with other team members including Operations, Production Control, Quality Assurance, IT, Planning and Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to drive issues to closure and develop preventative action plan to limit failures in the future.
- Demonstrated ability to solve logistical issues and lead efforts to drive mission success.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.