DENSO is a global Fortune 500 company and an advanced mobility supplier and manufacturer. We develop technology and components for nearly every make and model on the road today.
At DENSO, we believe technology can help solve some of society's greatest challenges. Our broad product portfolio includes mobility, electrification, powertrain, and electronic systems. With manufacturing at our core, we have 170,000 employees across 221 facilities in 35 countries who engineer, design and manufacture advanced technologies that directly change how the world moves.
Globally headquartered in Kariya, Japan, we spend 9.9% of global consolidated sales on research & development in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020. In North America, we're headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, and we employ 27,000+ in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, we employ 17,700 across 41 sites in 14 states, including the District of Columbia.
The production associate position works as part of a team assembling an entire product or component of a product. The position may perform and rotate among all tasks in the assembly process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stand in work area to complete tasks for duration of shift (excluding breaks & lunch periods)
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process
- May operate mobile equipment such as powered industrial vehicles
- Use tools required for the assembly process including an electric driver
- Maintain good 5s standards in work area
- Provide input regarding work procedures
- Provide input regarding process improvements
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including all non-essential or non-major activities
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent or 1 year of work experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Some experience in a manufacturing environment
While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift or carry component parts weighing up to 33 pounds and lift parts in excess of 33 pounds with a lift assist, use hands to handle or feel parts, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.