Union Level Department Distributed Learning Campus Stockton Posting Number 201301851P Full or Part Time Full Time Number of Months 12 Work Schedule
Work performed during standard business hours. May require some work during non-business hours and travel to the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses as needed.
Position End Date Open Date 09/04/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
For first consideration please apply before September 25, 2019.
Position Summary Information
The Online Program Technology Developer for Benerd College is responsible for all facets of program technology within the College. This will include, but not limited to, development of technology-based certificate and training programs, providing instructional design support for the hybrid and online courses and programs in the University, working with subject matter experts and providing best practices for credit and non-credit programs. Will act as lead for the development and maintenance of technology needed to support Benerd programs. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Operations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. Develops and provides support for hybrid and online certificate, continuing education, contract training, and faculty/academic programs. May work in collaboration with academic units, third party vendors, and industry.
- Works with subject matter experts to design course content, exams, evaluations, assessment surveys, and measurable learning outcomes.
- Creates instructional templates using online and hybrid teaching and learning best practices.
- Develops program proposals, budgets, and timelines.
- Assists with program assessment.
- Assists in recruiting new instructors/subject matter experts as needed.
- Collaborates on marketing campaigns with programming and marketing teams to increase program exposure.
- Provides start-to-finish support for course development through implementation and evaluation.
- Serves as primary coordinator on specific programs as assigned.
2. Under the direction of Benerd College leadership, assists in the execution of distributed learning initiatives:
- Works with other campus stakeholders to communicate and establish best practice protocols for online programs as well as training opportunities for instructors.
- Serves as Benerd College lead contact support for Learning Management System (LMS) operations. Works in collaboration with Pacific Technology related to ongoing distance learning and e-commerce technology maintenance.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and leads technology process improvement efforts within the College.
3. Assists Benerd College instructors/faculty in designing and developing Canvas course shells and other teaching platforms necessary to support online/hybrid learning.
- Provides training and tutorials for instructors regarding the LMS, related online learning tools, and other instructional technologies.
- Partners with Pacific Technology and other stakeholders to evaluate new educational technologies and to develop training, tutorial, and curricular support for implementation and operation.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of courses and programs to assess program success and provide recommendations for improvement.
4. Performs miscellaneous other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Masters degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in academic technology.
- Experience with instructional content, learning activities, multimedia, the integration of interactive, online technologies for synchronous and asynchronous communication in both face-to-face and online instruction at the university level.
- Experience in development and assessment of learning outcomes at the course and/or program level.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Advanced training beyond Masters degree in a related field preferred.
- Two (2) years or more experience in academic technology.
- Knowledge of online instructional design techniques, theories, pedagogical methods, and instructional strategies.
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and copyright laws.
- Demonstrated ability using academic technology and technology-enhanced teaching strategies as well as knowledge of software, network, operating systems, various coding languages, and online learning and enrollment platforms.
- Excellent listening, decision-making, and consensus building skills: ability to use sound judgement in confidential matters.
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Experience designing and delivering programs and courses and leading multiple, simultaneous course development projects.
- Experience working with adult learning programs in a professional and continuing education environment.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. May require some work during non-business hours and travel to the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses as needed.
Hiring Range Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.