Architect (Level I)
Leuterio Thomas, Architects and Engineers (LT) is a Multi-Faceted Company that provides high quality Architectural and Structural Engineering services with integration of new Technology to create innovative buildings designs. LT had performed projects as large as $250M in Construction Cost. Most recent notable projects that LT designed are, The Potomac Yard Metro Station for WMATA, The Theater at MGM, DC Water Headquarters, Prince Georges County Regional Hospital, FDA Laboratory Facility in Winchester, Massachusetts.
LT’s Corporate office is located at National Harbor, Maryland and has a satellite office in Baltimore.
Leuterio Thomas, Architects and Engineers (LT) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Architect (Level I) to work out of our National Harbor, Maryland office.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Works as a Professional Staff Member
- Working on small to mid-size building, from concept, final design to Construction Administration under a Project Architect - Job Captain.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques, and costs
- Selects, evaluates, and implements architectural procedures and techniques to use to complete projects
- Designs innovative architectural concepts in direct response to user, programmatic, environmental, and cultural contexts
- Defines and develops functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time
- Gathers information for specifications as assigned, coordinates with material manufacturers, and inspects raw materials
- Prepares design documents, construction documents, and materials for compliance with design intent and program requirements
- Develops design drawings, such as plans, sections, elevations, and models using hand drawings as well as advanced BIM and 3D animation software
- Solves basic problems in connection with the architectural design of projects
- Participates in visits to job sites to conduct inspections, verifications, and progress evaluations - prepares draft notes from site visits
- Experienced and competent in production of drafting and detailing
- Able to reliably pick up redlines from QA/QC Sessions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, with the ability to work on multiple project
- Team player supporting others in meeting milestones
- Hard working and self-motivated, ability to work well under pressure
- Must be knowledgeable of building codes, state agency procedures and design standards
- Commitment to develop skills within the architectural profession
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from accredited college or university is required
- Taking part in the NCARB AXP (Architectural Experience Program)
- Minimum of 2 years of Architecture design experience
- Experience using BIM software, such as Revit 2018 or later
- AutoCAD Proficiency
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design
- Must be eligible to work in the US
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume along with relative examples of work. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)