Senior Middleware Administrator / Engineer (Web / Application)
Facilities Systems Branch (FSB), Marine CorpsInformation Technology Center (MCITC) – Kansas City 2306 EastBannister Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64131
Contingent on Contract Award
Active Secret Clearance Required
The FSB Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for build,automation, support, management, and optimization of Infrastructure Systems forrespective Infrastructure Systems (Storage / Virtualization / Operating Systems/ Network / Citrix).
- Maintainup-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and technicalstrategy, and advise the business where improvements are deemed necessary.
- Designverification procedures to ensure reliability of newly installed or upgradedsystems.
- Research,guide, and perform implementation of best practices for systems over which thisposition has been designated lead.
- Manageinternal projects of new implementation and software system upgrades.
- Documentand provide training for Junior and Mid-level team members for new and existingsolutions.
- MentorJunior and Mid-level team members to ensure skills transfer for systems underthis position’s oversight.
- Providesreporting for systems over which this position has been designated lead.
- Servesas final tier of support escalation for respective Middleware Systems.
- Defineshigh level standards for systems and technologies under this positions oversight.
- Actas a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all matters regarding the respectivetechnologies, systems, or applications hosted or supported by FSB.
- Capableof architecting and designing the architecture for the respective technologies,systems, or applications hosted or supported by FSB.
- Softwareand systems support in analyzing, troubleshooting, testing and makingrecommendations related to systems environment.
- Providefor Incident Response and Problem Management including root cause of systemproblems, such as configuration issues resulting in operational performancedegradation or system outages, supporting the local manager with informationand advice on the necessary corrective actions and/or interim workarounds.
- Troubleshoot,diagnose, and resolve outages and other problems with web servers, applicationservers, and database servers.
- Softwareengineering support in the integration of existing baseline and non-baselinesoftware into the systems environment.
- Atthe Middleware Engineer level, required experience for the requisite MiddlewareSystems are:
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
§ 3+Years’ Experience Administering IIS on a Windows Platform
§ 3+Years’ Experience Administering Apache on a Windows or Red Hat Enterprise LinuxPlatform
o IBM WebSphere
§ 3+Years’ Experience Administering IBM WebSphere on a Windows or Red HatEnterprise Linux Platform
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
BS in ComputerScience, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study plus (12) years ofexperience.
Experience withvirtualization technologies, in particular VMWare
Experience withPublic Cloud Infrastructure (Azure, AWS or GCP) and Private Cloud (VMwarevRealize – vRA and vRO).
Experience withProxy/Load Balancing devices such as BigIP F5, etc. and web security (SSLcertificates, etc.)
Cask is a leading Management Consultingfirm specializing in delivering business and technical expertise to clientsacross commercial and government markets. Join the many happy employees atCask! We have been named a top 5 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 5of the past 6 years.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as aprotected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual witha disability.