Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
- Develop a career track
- Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
- Work with an incredible team of people
As an HVAC Technician 1, you demonstrate a level of professionalism through positive communication and appearance. You show and demonstrate respect and provide an exemplary level of service to our customers!
Delivering portable HVAC equipment to the customer demonstrating skills and performance in the use, operation, and repair of all company equipment. Additionally, works primarily in the shop, keeping it organized, clean, and safe. You will check-in, clean, and prepare equipment for rental, and support other tech staff on large jobs.
- Communicates professionally with customers, managers, and sales engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups, and service calls.
- Delivers and installs rented HVAC equipment. Trains authorized operator (and/or customer) on the safe use of equipment.
- Directs customers to sign the appropriate paperwork. Keeps track of serial numbers.
- Successfully troubleshoots and completely understands the operation, function, specifications, capabilities, and controls of any piece of rental equipment.
- Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record free from points.
- Cleans and tests returned equipment making sure operation and appearance are up to standards.
- Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups, and service calls.
- Installs flexible gas hose on both propane and natural gas applications.
- Implements proper and safe procedures to check gas connections.
- Works with managers and sales engineers to maintain accurate records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment.
- Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and evenings.
- Experience in a service-related role interacting with customers
- Basic math skills
- Must be Mechanically inclined with previous working with HVAC equipment preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required
- Some after-hours and weekend work will be required during peak times
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. WEST20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Drivers Licence (preferred)