Highbury Concrete is seeking a motivated, experienced Structural Engineer to work on high rise cast in place concrete projects in New York city.
The successful candidate should be experienced in superstructure concrete and will assist our project management teams providing support on current projects as well as supporting the estimating department in providing engineering approach to future projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce engineered shop drawings.
- Produce PE Stamped drawings for elements of our scope of work including but not limited to Shoring/Reshoring, fall arrest systems, concrete placement booms and pumps.
- Knowledge and experience in producing and reviewing rebar shop drawings.
- Knowledge of superstructure concrete spec codes (032000, 033000 etc.) as well as associated local (DOB Chapter 17 etc.) and national codes (ACI).
- Perform technical review of shop drawings, produce and track RFIs and other submittals.
- Provide value engineering calculations and options.
- Ability to work in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam & MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of standard high-rise cast in place concrete construction practices and ability to provide engineering opinions and assistance to address construction issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years of related work experience in structural engineering.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering.
- NYS PE license.
- Project management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail orientated with strong people and team skills.
This is a very specific position only those with the required experience, qualifications and skill sets should apply.
Salary will be based on experience, Highbury Concrete offers competitive salary and benefits (medical, 401k), paid vacation to the successful candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off