Founded in 2008, KyotoCooling provides mission-critical, water free cooling with unparalleled levels of reliability, efficiency and modularity for data centers. With hundreds of installations in various climates around the world, KyotoCooling is the most experienced supplier of indirect cooling solutions in the data center industry. The company has offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Akron, Ohio; Dallas, Texas; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
KyotoCooling is seeking a Quality Engineer who would like a clean slate to work with and minimal corporate red tape when designing our Quality Management System (QMS). This position can leave a footprint in building a quality program to continue our high-quality journey and lead the quality team.
The Quality Engineer will have primary responsibility for development and maintenance of production quality standards, metrics, and documentation. This includes, but is not limited to; defining quality requirements for new products and preparing/maintaining necessary documentation, monitor production quality performance to identify opportunities for improvement, review and maintenance of quality files, procedures, metrics, work instructions, etc. for relevance and adherence to Quality Management System, customer and regulatory compliance. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily without direct supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or aptitude required to be successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Draft, edit, revise and update, as necessary, all documents associated with the Quality Management System, i.e. Quality Manual and maintain electronic delivery system.
- Serve as the primary Management representative for the QMS for plant.
- Ensure that processes needed for the QMS are established, implemented and maintained.
- Maintain and report on the performance of the QMS and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Administration of Calibration program and Material Review Board of suspect material
- Administration of Corrective Action Request system and Customer returns system.
- Control of quality related documents and records as defined in the Quality Manual and the Quality Management System.
- Keeps Management fully apprised of significant occurrences and trends that impact the quality of product or manufacturing operations.
- Anticipates current and future issues using data to develop plans and actions to minimize the negative impact. i.e. Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Analysis of quality scrap/rework transactions in Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) system. Responsible for analytical reporting out of MOM system.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive continuously improving customer satisfaction.
- Develop and proactively maintain a Continuous Improvements Program for plant.
- Experience in Quality Management system development and implementation of ISO 9001,TS16949, AS9100 and ISO 14001.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, at all levels of an organization.
- Positive attitude and hands-on involvement.
- Strong organizational skills and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead organized problem-solving activities/events.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Principles: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC), Design for Manufacturing/Assembly and Value Analysis and Value Engineering principles.
- Evaluates and understands key manufacturing processes from a production and quality.
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement initiatives with end goal of increasing plant safety and improve quality.
- Demonstrated success with improved quality metrics, process improvement, or product design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline preferred.
- Associates degree and 5+ years in similar quality assurance program, department, or operation is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- quality engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- quality function: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19