Poly-America, L.P. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our engineering team. Poly-America produces several lines of polyethylene products including high quality trash bags, construction and agricultural films.
Dedicated to providing the highest quality polyethylene products, our team of chemical, mechanical, electrical and process engineers is at the forefront of modern plastics technology. The company’s innovative design team is responsible for several technological breakthroughs in blown-film extrusion and bag making. We also maintain one of the most sophisticated on-site labs in the plastics industry.
The engineer will be installing, upgrading, modifying, and working on various types of electrical systems. These systems included three phase power distribution, 480V three phase motors with variable frequency drive configurations, AC/DC drives and motors, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), analog and digital circuitry, servo systems operating with multiple axis, industrial equipment networks and protocols, and human machine interfaces.
In addition to project work the engineer will support maintenance groups on existing equipment. This role will document, recommend and execute maintenance procedures, upgrade proposals based on a combination of industrial data analysis and troubleshooting results.
Our engineers work in both solo and team environments with different disciplines depending on the scope and nature of the project. They regularly draw on their professionalism, communication skills, and technical expertise to instruct local maintenance personnel or contractors on relevant theory and practical applications. The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- AutoCAD skills with regards electrical drawings
- At least three years of experience performing troubleshooting or engineering related functions on three phase 480V equipment in an industrial environment.
- A strong desire to follow projects and processes through conceptualization to implementation and maintenance.
- The ability to self-motivate and complete independent assignments or components of group projects on a deadline.
- The aptitude and desire necessary to be a good student of Poly-America processes, equipment, and procedures.
Poly-America offers competitive compensation packages including Medical/Dental, paid vacations and holidays, and 401(K).
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- 480V three phase motors: 1 year (Required)
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (Required)