A Quality Engineer job in Batavia, OH is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for administration of the quality systems to control the manufacture of products in accordance with ISO/TS16949 standards. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor"s or Associate's degree in Mechanical or quality and three to five years experience in a quality engineering role supporting a manufacturing operation in a ISO/TS16949 environment with prior experience required with PPAP, APQP, FMEA and Control Plans.
Having a ASQ Certification is strongly preferred. This is a very visible, contract to hire opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Quality Engineer job Responsibilities:
- Administration of the quality systems to control the manufacture of products in accordance with:
o ISO/TS16949 standards
o Quality systems improvement
o Monitoring manufacturing and customer quality requirements
o Internal audits
o Quality reporting and metrics
- Coordinate quality responses as well as corrective and preventative actions within the manufacturing environment adhering to a ISO/TS16949 quality management system
- Obtain, prepare, and manage the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements for internal and external customers
- Oversee and manage manufacturing product quality from supplier to customer
- Actively work to prevent defects through potential problem analysis in the manufacturing process
- Actively support and guide Production teams in continuous process improvement to meet departmental quality goals.
- Participate and support MRB teams in timely and appropriate rework or disposition of non conforming materials.
- Monitor production machining and assembly operations for performance and capability; research and recommend appropriate metrology for consistent machine operation and throughput.
- Develop, verify, revise, and update quality instructions and standards specific to manufactured components to assure compliance with customer expectations.
- Direct activities of quality technicians and assume quality function leadership in the absence of the quality manager as assigned.
- Involved in shop process.
- Associates Degree in applicable technology with an additional 4 years job experience in a directly applicable field required. Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Operations or closely related discipline a plus.
- Have or attain ASQ Certification within 24 months of employment is a plus.
- Direct experience with Six (6) Sigma & Lean manufacturing a plus.
- Must possess 3-5 years experience in a Quality Engineering role supporting a manufacturing operation in a ISO/TS16949 environment.
- Prior experience required with PPAP, APQP, FMEA and Control Plans
- Experience with corrective actions and resolving customer problems, containment and process improvement efforts required.
- Demonstrated experience developing sophisticated measurement techniques for complex parts.
- Ability to read blueprints with GD&T a must.
- Machining background a plus.
- Experience working with international suppliers a plus.
- Effective communication skills both interpersonal and written. Demonstrate ability to articulate and collaborate in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of statistical analysis and quantitative problem solving tools with effective root cause identification and fundamental process error correction.
If you are interested in this Quality Engineer job in Batavia, OH, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.