Brief Summary of Job: Responsible for project underground support structural systems design, communicating directly with customers, traveling and other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Functional / Technical Abilities:
- Execute structural calculations for underground support structures. Training will be provided
- Design steel and composite structural systems
- Discuss and collaborate findings with supervisors
- Apply standards of AISC, ASTM, ACI, AASHTO, AREMA and ASI welding standards
- Utilize SolidWorks or AutoCAD for design and drawing preparation
- Prepare 3D modelling as required
- Prepare papers for publication and presentation
- Work with DSI shop fabricators in product fabrication
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Partially supervise CADD personnel
· Must demonstrate strong and professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Create accurate and punctual reports, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Make technical presentations to customers with or without a representative from sales team.
· Coordinates as required with other internal groups including sales, purchasing, quality control, production, accounting and human resources.
- Must have strong analytical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Excel, Power Point and Word and knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
· Knowledge of DSI product offering and product functions.
· Thorough understanding of DSI’s quality standards and production practices.
· Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Education and / or Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from an accredited engineering program
· Minimum of five-year’s related experience and/or training;
· EIT Minimum PE License preferred
· Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
· Adaptability to work on multiple projects with multiple disciplines and work with other engineers, designers and technicians.
· Organizational skills for efficient office control measurement.
· Ability to travel (domestic and international) to tunnels, mines and or/other DSI locations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position spends most of the time in an office environment at a desk with potential exposure to wrist and eyestrain from computer use.
This position faces pressures from constant interruptions and responding to people’s needs. Mental pressure to prioritize workload effectively and in a timely manner. The ability to prioritize and respond is crucial to the success of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- CAD software: 1 year (Preferred)
- A valid SE license (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance