TITLE: Programmer Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager Applications Programming
The Programmer Analyst Analyzes, designs, develops and maintains solutions for a variety of well-defined business problems. Serves as team leader relative to conversion efforts and coordinates participants in accomplishing project goals.
1. Works with application users to identify new program needs, boundaries and priorities of system development projects; formulates logic to meet needs and prepares specifications for desired programs.
2. Designs and codes solutions using various languages and technical techniques. Tests and debugs new programs; interacts with users to ensure software produces desired results and puts results into production.
3. Reviews, analyzes and modifies existing systems and programs in order to incorporate changes in user requirements and innovations in computer processing capabilities.
4. Interacts with other Company departments to devise methods and procedures to standardize data input and output formats and further automate existing processes.
5. Serves as a resource for related user questions; troubleshoots and fixes problems with jobs in production.
6. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field through reading appropriate publications, attending conferences and seminars and participating in related networking opportunities.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs various administrative tasks and attends meetings as needed.
2. Fills in for other programmers on an as needed basis.
3. Rotates with other programmers as an on-call resource.
1. Associate degree in a technology discipline or equivalent work experience.
2. Two years of progressively more responsible related work experience.
3. Advanced skill levels in various programming techniques required of a programmer.
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.
6. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for extended periods of time.
Normal office working conditions
Sitting for extended periods of time
Continuous use of the computer and associated extended visual concentration
Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
Stress associated with meeting deadlines
Limited supervision with choice in selection, development and coordination of methods to use; may occasionally develop own methods to perform work.
Oversees work of programmers, including training, planning, assigning and checking work.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
United Ohio Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. United Ohio Insurance Company will comply with any legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro