Uniformity Labs is an additive manufacturing startup in the EastBay focused on the research and development of groundbreaking 3D printingtechnology. We utilize state-of-the-art plastic/metal 3D printers in our laband production facilities to develop printing techniques, print materials, andproprietary software. Uniformity Labs engages with top industrial, academic,and government research institutions in fields such as aerospace, automotive,oil and gas, etc. who are targeting 3D printing for breakthrough productionmethods. Uniformity Labs is comprised of a dedicated team of collaborativeproblem solvers from across the additive manufacturing and research space.
Metal AdditiveManufacturing Engineer:
In this role you willdesign and print metal advanced manufacturing components, using industryleading and experimental design software and metal 3D printers. Simultaneous optimizationsof the part design, print, and materials will be conducted, where you will beexpected to contribute across all facets of the process. Using design foradditive manufacturing practices, you will optimize designs, create supportstructures and generate build files. The candidate will be responsible toshepherd their work throughout production, including printer operation,post-processing, and characterization. You will be expected to documentprocedures and production outcomes and work with the company software team to standardizeand streamline the print process.
You willfunction as a critical member of a tight-knit team that necessitates high levelsof personal responsibility and flexibility in month-to-month tasking. Ourenvironment requires a high attention to detail, and a dedication to thehighest levels of results-oriented work. Overall, a real passion for the typeof work and an interest in the additive manufacturing space is key.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Math or Science
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing or laboratory environment
- Proficient with 3D modeling using Solidworks, CREO, CATIA, or similar
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Preferred Skills andExperience:
- Hands on experience with additive manufacturing technologies, specifically metal
- Understanding of Design for Additive Manufacturing principles, including design optimization, build layout, support design,
- Proficient with support generation using Materialise Magics or Netfabb
- Experience with simulation software (COMSOL, ANSYS, etc.)
- Experience with materials and metallurgical characterization
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off