We are looking for a senior java developer and team lead to help develop mission-critical products, define software requirements, and own end-to-end features on large, multi-year projects. The senior software developer will implement creative solutions to complex problems, which may include introducing new systems to our technology stacks, reworking data models, re-thinking persistence layers, or simply taking an active role in code reviews.
As an essential part of mgm technology partners’ product team, the senior software developer will evangelize product excellence for enterprise-grade application development. They will be expected to mentor and learn from our team of world-class developers.
- Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java 8/JEE (and higher), AngularJS, React.js, SQL, Spring, and HTML5, among other tools.
- Build highly scalable web applications to support data analysis and visualization for enterprise e-Commerce projects.
- Create design documentation, program and test applications, and iterate through the project life cycle.
- Keep the database structured and clean with modern data management tools.
- Provide technical leadership in the form of mentorship to newer developers.
Skills and experience
- 10+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of Java web development experience.
- 2+ years serving as a mentor or leader in a technical environment.
- 2+ years of prior experience working with web applications running Java 8.
- Thorough understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Proven technology and implementation know-how with multi-tier web applications with internationalization variables, like text in multiple languages, changing currency, various units of measurement, and differing needs over the course of 24 hours by time zone.
Bonus points if…
- You’ve worked with Spring, MVC, Hibernate, and/or Wicket.
- You’ve worked with SAP Hybris.
- You’ve spent time working with ecommerce and/or commercial insurance.
- You’ve worked on the back end of low-code or no-code systems.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.
We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
mgm technology partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Location: 200 Daingerfield Rd, Suite 301, Alexandria, VA 22314
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
While we are currently working remotely for the health of our employees, we are taking measures to safely reopen our Alexandria, VA office.
- Alexandria, VA 22314 (Required)